Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving to be removed

mmark101
Dabbler

Interleaving to be removed

Hi

I'd appreciate it if an order can be placed to turn off interleaving. The connection is currently stable and I'd like to see if the ping can be marginally improved.

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Slippers

Re: Interleaving to be removed

Could I also request a move to fast path too and interleaving  switched to the off position.

Cheers

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @mmark101,

I have tested the line and the speed is lower than your estimates. The SNR has now been changed 6dB with interleaving removed however, the copper line test is failing with high resistance and this is likely the reason behind your SNR being high with interleaving applied.

Could you kindly run through our troubleshooting guide here. If the issue persists, please raise a fault and let us know when you have completed it.

@Slippers,

As your connection is fibre, we do not have an option to make changes to DLM settings. Although this is the case, error protection is currently off and retransmission is low therefor, should not be effecting your response times.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Slippers

Ok thanks for taking the time to get back to me!

mmark101
Dabbler

Hi Jubby

I ran through the guide as suggested.

17070 - option 2 - was to my ears quiet, but there's a faint hiss. No cross talk or crackle.

My cable's are definitely ok.

I have a double master socket, so no filters.

My TPLINK is renowned for not giving much information on errors. By estimates do you mean my connection speed? My router reports a connection speed of 15. Using dsl reports my average d/l speed is 12~, with a ping of <20.

Can you elaborate please on what you think I should be achieving? I was thinking of changing to FTTC but obviously won't do that if there's a visible copper fault.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've retested the line and it's no longer finding a high resistance fault so that may have been a temporary issue.

With regards to your estimates your line is only just under it so I wouldn't worry too much at this stage

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mmark101
Dabbler

Hi

SNR has raised in the past few days (up at 9.5 now), following multiple disconnections. The ping - the aspect hoped to improve - was down at 10-15 ms initially but is around 25 again now, still not bad but around the same as when I had interleaving turned on.

Would you check the recent activity on the line please, to see if there's a fault, and if not, have the SNR reset to 6? Maybe the line can't cope without interleaving, forcing the SNR up? Would appreciate confirmation from you. As mentioned above, I am thinking of going to fibre and want to know if it's worthwhile/copper problem. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mmark101 the SNR target is still set to 6dB, but I can see it's currently running at 9.6dB so I'll get the line reset to try get it back to 6 though.

If the line is erroring more without interleaving applied, the SNR may increase - though interleaving is actually on at the moment so that may explain your ping increasing again.

There's no high resistance currently detected, though would still be advisable resolving these issues before upgrading.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team