cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving anomaly?

jjaycee1
Grafter

Interleaving anomaly?

Having installed my new billion 7800n, and using telnet via routerstats I see that routerstats shows Interleaving depth: 1
I believe this is reading that interleaving if OFF. When i look at my PN connection details it says that Interleaving is ON.
Can anyone clarify please whether it is on or off. I ask because I also note that I am experiencing a large amount of Errored seconds and something called Severe ES.
I attach a snapshot for an expert to look at. Please note that as of yesterday the Upstream and Downstream Interleave info read both were OFF but this evening I see that Downstream is OFF and Upstream is ON. Could the new router be giving false info?
5 REPLIES 5
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Interleaving anomaly?

Looking at your downstream stats I'd say its definitely OFF.
As regards to the upstream stats at first glance appears to muddy the waters, with 2 FECs, but that may possibly be a residual count. 
There are some routers which dont always successfully clear upstream error stats - eg the ST585
jjaycee1
Grafter

Thanks kitz. I do not recall having so many errors with the 582n I stopped using yesterday morning! I am wondering if interleaving was switched off by the new router somehow. The Billion is a lot more sophistacated than the 582n but only did the Basic setup and have not touched any "features" within the new router.
If PN details show it is ON then I am at a loss as to what has happened.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You appear to now be on the capped rate profile, with the sync speeds at 1152 down / 288 up. Interleaving certainly looks off on the downstream considering the large number of uncorrected (CRC) errors. A Severely Errored Second is something like 18 or more CRC errors in a second.
As already stated in your other thread, interleaving is disabled for capped rate profiles.
You could try pinging anywhere to see how much packet loss you're getting.
jjaycee1
Grafter

Is that the same as a Fixed rate line that PN spoke about and mentioned in my other thread. I hope not as I phoned them to stop it as i wanted to try the new router before anything was arbitrarily changed with out consultation
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Yes capped rate profile / fixed rate are effectively the same.