Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving & Netgear DGN1000

jaymcd

Interleaving & Netgear DGN1000

Hi Smiley
Had loads of problems the last two weeks Sad 
Can I ask/request/ensure that interleaving is turned off for my connection please.
Helpdesk feel sure it’s my old netgear router 834g causing the dropped connections etc - So switched to the Netgear DGN1000 and now have an okay wired connection xboxone etc but Wi-Fi on the laptop when trying to browse the net is virtually futile.  Pages take forever to load - researched some things to try tonight - But wondered if anyone knew of issues that may help get a solution sooner than later.  Needle in haystack situation.  Malware, MTU, Router Settings etc etc
What to do as everything was okay with the other router/webpages loaded just fine.  Using Mozilla and tried IE and same problem.
5 REPLIES 5
JTaylor
Grafter

Re: Interleaving & Netgear DGN1000

Hi jaymcd
I've just tested your service and we need you to carry out our checks against your internal equipment.
Please visit http://faults.plus.net and follow the checks on there!
jaymcd

Hi Jack,
Confused as if I follow your link I get this page!  As Below, thats not asking me to do anything is it. 
Additionally this morning all the internet looks connected but nothing would load webpages etc so had to reboot the router @ 07:35 to get bbc news.  One last thing Forza 5 wont connect to multiplayer now for the last couple of weeks, all ports required are open etc etc any ideas why its no longer working as it used to? 
Have the DNS settings changes for Plusnet as read that yesterday on the web can be a route cause of problems?
Look forward to hearing from you.
many thanks,
Jason
Contact Us Logged in - jaymcd68 - Logout Webmail
Search: plus.netthe web  powered by
Residential Business Help & Support My Account Community
Email My Account My Referrals Phone Calls Tools Add-Ons Product Change View My Usage
Communicate
Phone Calls
Webmail
Discussion forums
USENET
My Circular
My Account
Account details
Email Settings
Domain names
Connection settings
Tools
My Referrals
About Referrals
How Do I Refer?
Referral Values
Referrals FAQ
Current Referrals Broadband TroubleshooterTroubleshooting
Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem
A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team with these details. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.
In the meantime, we'll run some more tests on your telephone line over the next 24 hours.
You can help us by:
Leaving your equipment plugged in and switched on.
Making sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on. If you've given us a mobile number we'll text you to keep you updated.
Please contact us if you need to provide a different contact number, or if there's any change to the problem you're having.

Return to My Account
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi,
I had similar problems after changing routers and doing lots of messing around testing a bad connection.
In the end creating a new network profile by changing SSID and key on router, repairing the TC/IP stack
http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/299357
and deleting the old network profile in the registry sorted it. I was then able to re-create the old SSID/Key on the router and connect fine. diddn't really want to change these as so many other devices recognise them.
Just a thought and something to try.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ,
Have try of this link and see if you get to the faults checker from there.
With regards to us changing settings, nothing has been altered on our side that would block certain games or applications so this could be a symptom of the settings with the new router. Has the Xbox One been assigned a reserved IP address within the router to ensure the required ports have been forwarded to the correct device?
jaymcd

Thanks for the ideas PhyllissTyne.
I did try another SSID and no real difference but never considered the tcp/ip stack! So will try that later and hadnt even thought of the old profile in the registery.

Jack
Think I will ned to try this link from home as right now at work I get the same screen I reported earlier. 
I did try a couple of weeks ago to assign a IP for the xbox plus all the ports forwarded etc etc but on a rebooot it hadnt saved it and after another failed save I gave up  Sad
Currently allowing forwarding the required ports to everyone on the lan thats connected.  That has always worked previously.  Will have to try assigning a specific ip to the xboxone again Sad