Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Required?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Interleaving Required?

I expect the Thomson will require much the same telnet commands as other Thomson/Technicolor models to set it up as a bridged ADSL modem. I wouldn't know if there's a way to do it via its web interface, I doubt it.
I thought the Thomson only got tested for an hour, and got the typical interleaved 888 upload speed, but the BT speedtester result of 0.69 Mb up didn't seem too bad for the 888 ADSL line rate. I did see the Draytel feature was required, therefore using something else as the ADSL modem would require also keeping the Draytek online. Perhaps another way would be use the Thomson as a modem/router as usual, and set the Draytek up with a LAN IP address and the LAN IP of the Thomson as its gateway. It might need a lot of port forwarding or perhaps putting the Draytek into the DMZ, and probably switching off the DHCP server on the Draytek to make sure there's only one DHCP server on the network.
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Interleaving Required?

Well after an entire day of tinkering here whilst waiting for another non returned phonecall from plusnet and either by some coincidence or otherwise I've now got an upload of around 0.7 which is better and finally lets us hear and see a terminally ill relative in Canada via Skype. Thanks to you guys AO, ejs and Chris who have been very helpful, you know I appreciate everything you've done. Now for a computer /Internet-free evening - truly shattered after the last 24 hrs.