cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Depth

pmarti22
Grafter

Interleaving Depth

Afternoon, I have a fault ticket raised under ref #105812401 but have some confusion as to whether interleaving has been set to auto, or whether it can be manually set?  Currently my router shows a depth of 64 on ADSL2+, but has doubled my ping from around 20ms to 50ms+. One of the faults team replied to my ticket by just removing the interleaving, not actually answering the question.  I has searched the forum and it shows various values 8, 16, 32, etc.
So do we get a choice on this??  If so, can I have 32 or please switch it back on to auto @DCT.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Interleaving Depth

Interleaving can be set to on, off or auto. With auto, the DLM will decide to turn interleaving on or off based on how the line is performing, it monitors the number of drops and the error rate. I don't think it's possible to manually select a specific interleaving depth. The DLM will automatically change the interleaving depth based on its assessment of your line's performance.
cedlor
Grafter

Quote from: pmarti22
  Currently my router shows a depth of 64 on ADSL2+,

Hi - Just wondering what router you have - if it is a TG582N  where can one see the "64" depth of interleaving you mention
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

With a 582n, you can see it via telnet, with the command :xdsl info expand=enabled and I think it is only shown if you are on ADSL2 or ADSL2+.
cedlor
Grafter

Thanks EJS - I will have to try that
pmarti22
Grafter

@cedlor, my router is a Billion 8800NL, which for me has been a great improvement over the stock TG582N that was supplied by PN.  For this, it shows all the stats in the xDSL menu.
I had to speak to Faults to get it sorted as the ticket update was misread.  The first support agent advised Auto would be fine, but does take 4hrs to come into effect.  Nothing next day, still showing 1 error second for approx every 2 seconds of uptime.  Phone back again and this time the agent stated that the system (in his experience) only works on 'On', his words were you have the option of Off, Off or On.......  Well now back on and all good, as even increased sync by about 1Mbps.  Ping has taken a hit from 20ms to around 40-50ms depending on time of day.  Still cannot work out why it suddenly got such a high error rate and really slow thoughput even with a 8.5Mbps sync - same week as the fibre cabinets became active up the road?  Fingers crossed it settles and they extend the fibre here.
@EJS, thanks for the info.
Many thanks