Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Depth 1

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Interleaving Depth 1

Taking a look now, give me a few minutes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line has been dropping a bit more than I'd like to see, with the 7th and 8th particularly poor.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 34.8 55.0
SNR Margin: 6.0 16.0
Errored Seconds: 4 3
HEC Errors: 3  
Cell Count: 440907 2828133
Speed: 768 2208
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2016 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 1612
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 43100 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 140
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 10

From the stats above, the MTBR (Mean Time Between Errors) is very low, particularly on the downstream. With that being so low, it's a risk to reduce the SNR any further. Adding interleaving to try and combat the errors is a suggestion, however this may also cause your speed to slightly reduce again. Is the router in the master socket at the moment? No extension leads in place?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andarial
Grafter

Yes in the master socket,no extensions

Have done the quiet test as said in the beginning of this thread,all fine,no noise/hiss

The drops you mentioned could very well be my fault.Was trying different routers a while back

Present router was connected since sunday with no fiddling at my end untill an hour ago when i reset it it

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@andarial

There has been a 1dB rise in the SNRM between your restart and the figures Chris reported.  Have you got router stats running?  That shift suggests that there is something generating noise.  You might have to do some digging here!

@Chris

That SNRM is quite high and yet there is still a very low MTBE.  I take it that the CLT is coming up clean - no obvious line fault?  What is the a/c balance like please?

The stats look quite odd.  Do you think REIN could be involved here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.