cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleave Off?

RichRich
Dabbler

Interleave Off?

I'd like to turn interleave off on my line but i cant find the option anywhere in my control panel, from what i understood in the plusnet documentation all new customers should have interleave on by default but i dont see any mention of it in my CP.
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Interleave Off?

It should be here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection If it isn't raise a ticket
Edit - this is the link to the interleaving control https://portal.plus.net/my/account_maintenance/interleaving_control.html
RichRich
Dabbler

Theres no control for interleaving there on my CP, just 2 rows of options like the screen without the last one on the bottom.
Does this mean its turned off or do i need to use a ticket to turn it off?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It  will be turned on by default so you will need to raise a ticket to turn it off
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not in mine either Jim
Oldjim
Resting Legend

To stop you all feeling deprived then  Grin
RichRich
Dabbler

I dont even have the idle timeout button that pierre has, it seems they reserve the best buttons for their favorite customers!
I've raised a support ticket so il see what difference interleaving makes on monday, hopefully my speed profile will be working then aswel.
paulby
Grafter

If you don't have the option in the Member Centre you can raise the appropriate ticket here.
You can also navigate to this ticket by going to Help and Support > Help Assistant > My Broadband Connection > DSL Interleaving
HTH
Edit:  The "Idle Timeout" is for some legacy products  - there are no timeouts on BBYW products!
RichRich
Dabbler

Thanks for all the replies, plusnet must be doing something right to have people like you tending their forums Cheesy
RichRich
Dabbler

Well they were happy enough to turn it off but said that if i wished to turn it back on they would have to incur a £15 charge.
Seems a bit much, i just hope that my line doesnt need it.
paulby
Grafter

You'll only incur the charge if you turn it off and on again about three times IIRC (unless things have changed).
MickKi
Grafter

If you are getting many FECs & CRCs your line may not be stable with Interleaving off.  Most connections aren't, that's why Interleaving is set in auto as a default and if the line needs it because of high error count, it kicks in.
As was explained above, different accounts get different buttons/functionality in the control panel - so some functions may not be available for your account.
PS.  With the recession BT will start charging for anything and everything it can - Interleaving might be one of those things.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There may be a small charge if you request us to alter the interleaving state numerous times but off then back on would be fine. I'll have a word with the people who replied to your ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.