cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing upload speed

esseff
Grafter

Increasing upload speed

I had my upload speed reduced to 443k a few years ago as I wanted to maximise my download speed. Now that my sync rate is around 22500 with noise around 2, I can probably afford to increase that a little without losing too much off the top. What do you suggest would be the best ratio of upload to download I should go for. I don't do a lot of uploading, but I do a bit from time to time. Even doubling it will help. How high can I go before it affects the download?
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Increasing upload speed

You shouldn't lose anything off your downstream unless you go for Annex M, which will take some of the downstream bandwidth. However, I believe Annex M (up to around 1.5Mb upstream) is only available to business users. Annex A should give you upwards of 1Mb upstream at no additional cost, either in financial terms, or to your downstream synch.
esseff
Grafter

Thanks for that. How do I go about having it increased, or is it something one of the PN team can do for me from here?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

DCT should be able to action it from here.
esseff
Grafter

Thanks.
OK DCT, would you kindly do the honours for me?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi esseff,
I've placed a modify order to uncap your upload speed, this will take effect from tomorrow.
esseff
Grafter

Cheers Chris.