Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased spam

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Increased spam

Has anyone else noticed an increase in spam over the last 48 hours. I have always had my spam filter off and used to get 5-6 spams per day, now I am getting around 25-30 per day. Have PN done something to increase spam in the last day or so, I know there has been mods to the spam system but I assumed it would have decreased the spam
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisL
Rising Star

Re: Increased spam

Even with your spam filter off, you may have been protected by Blatant Spam Blocking, which may be no longer the case....
I don't know, but the point is you should check your spam settings again in Manage My Mail, now that the tool has been improved. You may decide you need Edge Protection, even if you don't want Spam Filtering, for instance....
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Chris, Blatant Spam Blocking should be enabled by default but I suppose there's no harm in double checking Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

paulgul
Rising Star

Just checked - edge protection is on
I'll try with the spam filter on and hope i don't get too many false positives - the reason I turned it off
gofaster
Rising Star

Paul, are lots of the spams apparently coming from your plusnet domain?
Due to a slight misunderstanding all emails coming (or rather appearing to come) from plus.com addresses might be being whitelisted.
The fix to this is to go to your email spam settings and update the whitelist (without changing anything)