cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in upload speed now causing instability (and so lower download speeds)

amigos2
Dabbler

Re: Increase in upload speed now causing instability (and so lower download speeds)

Hello,
Unfortunately, my upload speed has been uncapped yet again, and so yet again I am getting disconnected.
Please can the upload speed cap be put back on - and somehow can this cap please be made permanent?.
It is frustrating when this keeps happening.
Thanks.

Upstream 1215
Downstream 11647
SNR Margin(Upstream) 6.3
SNR Margin(Downstream) 6.3
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 15.5
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 29.5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Increase in upload speed now causing instability (and so lower download speeds)

I've just capped that again for you, this should be permanent - sorry for the numerous issues you've had with this.
amigos2
Dabbler

OK thanks Chris. Will this happen overnight tonight? My connection has been dropping every few minutes this morning. I see the upload speed has dropped to 999 now, which may help for a bit, but I was hoping it would go back to the lower figure of 440-ish.  Current status ...
Upstream 999
SNR Margin(Upstream) 8.0
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yeah., it'll happen overnight, sorry, I should have mentioned that before.
amigos2
Dabbler

Thanks Chris. Things look back to normal now. It's only when the upload speed gets to 1000 or more that the connection becomes unstable. The capped speed means it is not an issue at all.
Upstream 443
SNR Margin(Upstream) 28.5
Thanks again.