cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important : Customers who signed up to Community BETA

Liam
Grafter

Important : Customers who signed up to Community BETA

For customers who signed up whilst the Community Site was still in beta (i.e. not via the Member Centre), we are sending the following email to allow us to tie-together your Community site and PlusNet / Force9 / Free-Online / Metronet account username.
Any questions - fire away!
Dear !*USERNAME*!,
We are writing to you as you recently signed up to our Community Site whilst it was in Beta testing.  Many thanks for your help and assistance in working with us to iron out the glitches; we're pleased to confirm that the site has now been made fully live.
Membership of the Community Site is freely available to customers of PlusNet, Force9, Free-Online and Metronet.  As part of the launch, we have fully integrated the Community Site registration process into the Member Centre.
This integration allows our customers to select a username for their Community access, separate from their main account username.
As you signed up prior to the Community Site becoming a live service, we now need to associate your Community Site membership with your PlusNet, Force9, Free-Online or Metronet Internet account.  To do this, simply visit the appropriate link below:
PlusNet - http://www.plus.net/go.html/community_username
Force9 - http://www.f9.net.uk/go.html/community_username
Free-Online - http://www.free-online.net/go.html/community_username
Metronet - http://www.metronet.co.uk/go.html/community_username
Follow the link to send us the required information.  Please copy the below text into the text-box provided and press "Send".
"My community Site username is: !*USERNAME*!"
We will confirm when your username has been accepted and processed via My Questions.  To retain your membership to our Community site, you must do this within the next 21 days.  If you do not, your membership to the Community site will be disabled.
If you are not a customer, why not consider switching to us?  If you do, your Community site membership can remain active.  See http://www.plus.net/switch/ for more information.
If you have any queries regarding this email, please raise them on the Community Site Forums at: http://community.plus.net/forum/
Kind Regards,
Carol Axe
Director of Customer Services
PlusNet / Force9 / Free-Online / Metronet - All part of the PlusNet family.
PlusNet PLC
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
19 REPLIES 19
sloany
Grafter

Re: Important : Customers who signed up to Community BETA

Thanks Liam,
was wondering if the email i got was genuine or not.
Graham_W
Dabbler

Quote from: sloany
Thanks Liam,
was wondering if the email i got was genuine or not.

I was wondering that, too.
But my real gripe is this: I went to do the registration as outlined in the recent email, but was not allowed to change the 'postmaster' address as
shown. So why invite users to change an address that can't be changed??? !!!
Haven't completed it yet 'coz it keeps throwing out the email address.
Graham W
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't see the point in this - the email tells me my username and asks me to tell plusnet my username. Surely this could have been done internally without wasting everybodys time.
On top of that I have now received yet another email thanking me for my question that I havn't raised - I wonder how long I will have to wait to get an answer to my non-exsistant question.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Try changing your email address on Member Centre->Account Details->Edit Details.  When that is in place I think the new address will appear in the Confirm Community Site name "question".
David
Colin
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
I believe the emails have come from a list generated from this forum, emailed to the address used to register here.

Exactly - if you signed up for this site while it was in Beta, you would have received the email this afternoon.
Unfortunately, working out the usernames of people isn't the easiest thing to do if they have signed up with alternative email domains so we decided (after investigation) that the easiest thing to do would be to email people.
Quote from: paulgul
Surely this could have been done internally without wasting everybodys time.

Unfortunately not, as explained above. I did look at doing it interanlly, but there were a rather large number of users, and with many it was not immediately obvious what their account username was.
Quote from: paulgul
On top of that I have now received yet another email thanking me for my question that I havn't raised - I wonder how long I will have to wait to get an answer to my non-exsistant question.

If you followed the instructions in the email, then you have effectively raised a ticket on your account. We now call this 'Asking a Question'. The ticket will be responded to when we process the requests in the ticket pool.
The decision has not been made yet as to whether this will be now, or after the 21 day period is up, though.
Regards,
Colin
passer
Grafter

I'm unable to access the Plus.Net linky in the email. I keep getting this:
We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes.

I've been on hols and just got back - is this just a temporary problem, or is it specific to me?
chillypenguin
Grafter

It has just opened fine for me, but redirects to this page;
http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?action=wizard&wizard_id=41
Chilly
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Have you got auto login switched on? There is a bug on the portal that gives you that error randomly if you have auto login switched on and the first page you go to is from a bookmark or external link such as an email. If you go to http://portal.plus.net then click the link it should work fine.
:
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
passer
Grafter

Thank you guys. I didn't have autologin switched on (I do now - just done it), but the redirect from chilly worked fine, and I've now done the deed.
Cheers.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Weird then, let us know if you see any other links doing that, as I say seen it doing it with autologin but not without so will keep a look out.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
br1anstorm
Rising Star

The process seemed to work for me. 
I signed up to the new site when it was in Beta - but from one of my non-PlusNet webmail accounts.  So the email requesting me to notify/confirm my details was of course sent to that account, rather than my Plusnet address.
Now that I've found Carol Axe's email and responded via the link, I hope I have validated my site username, and that it will now be linked to my PlusNet account.
We'll see in due course!
br1anstorm
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I posted my username etc. as a question on the 9th and it is still sitting there awaiting a response.
Any idea as to when it will be actioned.
LiamM
Grafter

The plan was to wait until the 21 days was up and then batch process them.
Obviously, I've since left PlusNet, so that plan may well have changed 🙂  Though, as they're still unprocessed, that probably indicates it (the plan) hasn't.
Mav
Fixes: 514

I'm certain I subscribed while it was still in BETA but haven't received and email as yet.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still