cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im abit confused. help

mike360
Grafter

Im abit confused. help

Hi all i wondering if any of you can help does the wire between the junction box and the Test socket count as my internal wiring?  Im abit confused  Undecided

junction box >> white cable >> Test socket (Bt or Ours responsibility)  
Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Im abit confused. help

BT's responsibility is up to and including the master socket.
That's the whole master if of the old type, or the back part of the newer type - the faceplate and any internal wiring is down to you.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Not applicable

Quote from: 4C
BT's responsibility is up to and including the master socket.
That's the whole master if of the old type, or the back part of the newer type - the faceplate and any internal wiring is down to you.

Sorry, but my understanding is that BT cover up to the Test Socket and not the actual Master Socket, which is why Plusnet ask you to to plug devices into the Test Socket because BT will only cover up to that point.If you have an internal wiring problem then it is up to you to have that fixed.
- Chris
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

I think that's what he meant. The old type didn't have a master socket so it's the whole thing. The new type is segregated.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@chrispettitt89;  Older installations don't even have a true master socket - mine was installed by BT in 1986 and has 3 "extensions" all wired back to an external junction box - one of which is a minimaster.
Some newer installations also don't have a customer master/test socket as they are wired from an external NTE5 box. Wink
mike360
Grafter

Quote from: mike360
Hi all i wondering if any of you can help does the wire between the junction box and the Test socket count as my internal wiring?  Im abit confused  Undecided

junction box >> white cable >> Test socket (Bt or Ours responsibility)  
Cheers

Hi iv edited my question because i think it was confusing people hope that helps
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

BT Wholesale regard the test socket (or master socket if you don't have a test one) as a demarcation point, i.e anything beyond that is classed as internal wiring.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team