cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I had known how many faults I wouldn't have signed up!

Davemackenzie
Dabbler

If I had known how many faults I wouldn't have signed up!

I'm a bit gutted now - been with Plusnet for around 5 years and we've had various faults but like most, I'm too laid back to report them. I've reported incidents in the past and some have been solved while others were forgotten or the ticket expired etc!

Unfortunately I'm one of those unfortunate people that live out in the sticks and still stuck on below standard broadband speeds that the government keep going on about - over the last 2 weeks our BB has dropped out, speeds changed, more drop outs etc and now it's getting too annoying. As we live in a meadow we can't receive terrestrial or satellite TV due to the tree line being quite high (basically we live in a victorian quarry that's now covered with 100ft Beech trees!). As you can imagine, we use the BB for Netflix (we have to let it buffer first!) as Netflix and Prime are the basic options we have for watching anything on TV as we cannot receive live services. Our line rate used to be around 4.8mbps using my router utility but over the last 2 weeks Plusnet dropped the line rate to 3.7mbps of which the actual nominal line speed I'm getting floats around 1.2mbps - it then drops constantly as if there's a line fault or a fault at the exchange (a mile up the road!) so tonight, I thought I would finally log an issue so I call plusnet - 18 minute waiting time, I thought no thankyou, I'll try logging it online - finish typing what my issues are, press submit and then it comes up saying there's a plusnet error and that the web team are looking into it?! What on earth is going on? I joined Plusnet solely because I could not stand the wrath of BT and their extra terrestrial contact centres!! I paid up front for all my services so I should expect to receive something that's usable - I would hate to think how much I have actually paid over the last 5 or so years 😞 What the hell are users supposed to do if both means of contact are out of service???

It's 2016, my mobile phone can receive 4G data @ 60mbps yet my broadband line that runs underground for a mile or so, cannot even provide a stable 2mbps? 

2 REPLIES 2
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: If I had known how many faults I wouldn't have signed up!

My parents live out in the sticks too, they could only ever get 1 meg on adsl but i found out about FTTP and lucky enough they could get it so i sign them up for it. Have you looked too see if u can get FTTP ?

Davemackenzie
Dabbler

Re: If I had known how many faults I wouldn't have signed up!

I would but the T&C's state:

The FTTP trial is available to any existing Plusnet customers who subscribes to a fibre product.

It would be nice if Plusnet reply to this thread though!