cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPProfile dropping

gwillym
Grafter

IPProfile dropping

When I upgraded to the 80/20 package some time ago, my IPProfile varied between about 57 & 63 Mbps during the training period and actually stabilised at about 57 for a while - given that i have an old piece of wet string between me and the cabinet (which i still can't locate 🙂 ) I thought that was quite acceptable, but since then it has been dropping so that now its only 42Mbps. So I'm only getting 2/3rds of the service I was expecting
Raising a fault has not helped to solve the problem - BT say its acceptable. Not to me it isn't.
How/why does an IPProfile deteriorate? As far as I can see its got nothing to do with the kit I have this side of the faceplate, so it must be somewhere in the BT network.
anyone got any explanation?
thanks in advance
Neil
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IPProfile dropping

An IP profile can decrease due to a number of factors. The main ones we would tend to see are either a drop in the sync speed of the line (perhaps due to a line or an exchange issue) or a due to multiple disconnections. It looks like the latter certainly hasn't been the problem in your case.
Raising a fault has not helped to solve the problem

I've had a look at the fault and I don't know if you've interpreted our last reply this way but we're not saying there's nothing we can do, I'm sorry if that's the way you took that.
The ticket is back with our faults team now and we should be able to get a new fault report raised with our suppliers as this is still an issue for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwillym
Grafter

Re: IPProfile dropping

Adam
thanks for that. And yes, I had interpreted the latest update as a' can't help' response.
good to hear your guys are still on the case