Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset please

cyrix2000
Dabbler

IP profile reset please

Hi,
My IP profile is stuck at a much lower rate then the modem sync speed. Can you please reset it?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP profile reset please

Hi there, the line profile is actually set above your synch speed at the moment. 

Are you sure it's the IP profile and not a reflection of throughput speed that you've noticed?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cyrix2000
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thanks for getting back to me.
According to my modem, the actual connection speed is 55/20 but the DSLAM would be able to sync with 66.5/19 (see attached screenshot).
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Sadly, "attainable" doesn't mean what it appears to mean. Don't worry about it -- some of us would be overjoyed to achieve 55/20.

However, feel free to post the rest of the stats, including SNR/margin and errors.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @cyrix2000

I have a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as the speed is showing 54Mbps on our side. Although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we need you to perform a speed test in the method set pout below.

1) Please plug your router into the test socket with no other devices connected to your phone line. A guide on how to locate your test socket can be fount here; https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242.

2) Disconnect and reconnect the cable that goes from the DSL port on the router to your microfilter/master socket making sure it is a snug fit.

3) Also, please make sure there is no damage to the cables.

4) Go to http://speedtest.btwholesale.com</a></b> and complete the test right to the end.

If the speed is still below what it should be for your line which you can check here, then we would ask you raise a fault by clicking hereSmiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team