Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile dropped

Finnigan
Grafter

Re: IP profile dropped

Hi there
              Just been on the phone to P/Net about the dsl linestate down issue and they can not see a thing wrong with my line at all, So is this the way my internet is going to be from now on looks to me they are not prepared to fix this at all, Internet not fit for purpose, I have sent all the router logs etc in the ticket.....Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Don't give up. Log the fault again and keep pushing BT.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Finnigan,
That's not what I've just read on the fault ticket. Basically your fault is waiting to be assigned to an engineer and the estimated repair time at the moment is the end of day tomorrow. At this point we can continue progressing any outstanding issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi chris,goldenadsl
                                    just got your reply,Thank you for your input lads, I know when it comes to repairs etc your hands are tied and your at the mercy of BTOR hands for updates fixes etc, I will just have to wait for completion of this to see what is what, Goldenadsl i was on the verge of giving up but i did not know what on earth was wrong with my line as all i wished was the profile to be back to normal then all this happend, And with no reason to why or how it frustated me because i had no idea of this dsl linestate down until i googled it to find out why it would happen,This is a good forum I hope plusnet never lose this place as it has a good source of info and help here.....Many thanks to all......Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              Had a BT engineer out this morning testing line for battery contact fault did his stuff and left was slight contact at exchange, But within an 1h30mins that hes left iam still getting dsl linestate down disconnects for 16seconds then reconnects i will add the screen shot of this for yous to check out,I have been on the phone to plusnet and they still cant see this disconnections i have tried 2 different routers best to rule out 1 incase the other is at fault and different cat5 cable and microfilter still the same issue.....Let me know what yous think...Finnigan
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This is getting f[color=#FFFFFF]laming* ridiculous!
1. Why have the CSC still not been told that if the customer is reporting loss of sync and nothing shows in the radius logs they MUST check for loss of sync on the BT systems?
2. Why have CSC not been given a tool to quickly check for loss of sync?[/color]

* flaming
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi jelv
            Thanks jelv for your input m8.
            I have just seen the internet light on the router going off and back on within seconds @15.05.38 IAM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS THIS HAS ONLY BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE FRIDAY ,all i asked for was a PROFILE RESET AND NOW THIS,takes 16 seconds to reconnect time difference is about 1h70mins  Shocked and i have to suffer this until the 72hour period from the bt engineer visit WHAT A JOKE.......Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Pretty very poor communcation between plusnet, BT and Supplier. Dreadful. I am sure some staff will pick this up and get it right.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Jelv,Goldenadsl
                                I have done some googling on this linestate down issue looks like plusnet have had this issue before with someone called jessica and after 6 weeks still no resovle also i have found this for yous to read/comment----> a banded profile that is steadily reducing my sync speed because of occasional losses of sync,,Sounds very like my issue this has only been happening since friday 29/11/2013, since i asked for a profile reset, TBH i would rather have no broadband than this dsl linestate down every hour or every couple hours,Iam going to try another router this eve to rule out both Plusnets routers with my old netgear router,Ill keep yous posted......Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do feel for you mate. It's annoying when Plusnet had all these wrong things at their end. I would try different router if u can. And change filter too. If the issues are the same, then it definitely down to Plusnet supplier end.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Goldenadsl
                        Just thought i would let you know ive got the netgear on and it seems to be doing fine,But i dont want to count my chickens too soon ill check all the traffic logs in the morning and see what i find but so far no disconnects, Ill keeps yous posted...Thanks again m8...Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Sound like a faulty Plusnet router then? Glad your old Netgear is stable so far.
Chris
Legend

@jelv
Whilst I get your point, there really is no need to put it in huge red text. I would expect better from the faults team on this (not the CSC in general) and will keep passing the feedback on.
@Finnigan
Sorry that it's taking so long to resolve the issue, but good to hear that the Netgear is holding your line more stable. Can you monitor for a couple of days and let us know if that stops the drops you're seeing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: Chris
Whilst I get your point, there really is no need to put it in huge red text. I would expect better from the faults team on this (not the CSC in general) and will keep passing the feedback on.

Chris,
Big red text is sadly a reflection of deep frustration that the message is not getting through, with the consequence that users do not get the right support on FIRST contact with PN.  Though it does seem illogical that a PPP session can survive a loss of the DSL session there is a moderate level of empirical evidence that this does happen.  Therefore total reliance on the radis log as a conclusive indicator that there has NOT been (or for that matter has been) a loss of synch is not sound.  The only definitive assessment of DSL status / history can come from the BT systems.
If we end users know this, then why is this understanding not known by the desk agents?  The ideal support profile is that as many issues as possible are addressed by the first touch point.  If (understandably) access to BT systems is not available to first line, their response should not be like Nelson putting his telescope (PN radius log) to his blind saying I see no ships (SYNCH losses), rather the caller should be passed to someone with access.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

I'm pretty sure I said that the faults team *should* know this, and that's why I'm passing feedback on. They are the people that should be investigating these issues, so really should know what to look for.