Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile dropped

Finnigan
Grafter

Re: IP profile dropped

Hi there
              Can any of the plusnet staff tell me why every couple hours iam being disconnected from the internet its driving me crazy then when i go to browse the router login page pops up geez from bad to worse.....Finnigan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We're not seeing the drops I'm afraid, though even if we were, given that the connection starts at your phone exchange and ends at your premises we've no way of knowing. Best bet is to run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net to see if they make any difference, if they don't then it's almost certainly a line fault (or at least a fault outside your own premises) and we'll need to get that escalated for you.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Matt
            just got your reply ill run through faults today ill also add a screen shot of router stats loss of framing 53/- then loss of signal 6/- ill add that with this reply.....Finnigan
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Matt
We're not seeing the drops I'm afraid,

Oh for God's sake not that again! How many times must you be reminded that if sync is restored very quickly the PPP session does not drop and it doesn't show up in the radius log?
The loss of sync xDSL down and restore without the loss of PPP is clearly shown twice in the log he's posted (12:32 and 15:52)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi jelv
            thanks for pointing that out, To any plusnet staff iam sick to death of all this fix one problem another crops up now ive got disconnects every hour, phoned support today around 1pm was told would get a call back WASTE of time no call back , ALSO changed router microfilter cat5 cable still it disconnects really had enough of this service lot of false promises with no fix at all on going since last year 2 engineer visits 8 routers 20 micro filters what a disgrace this servie is......VERY unhappy customer ..Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              Just another update the internet is still disconnecting every 1h 20mins still no reply form any plusnet staff, so its not fit for purpose.....Finnigan
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If it's always 1 hour 20 minutes that is too regular to be a fault!
Have you got something else plugged in to any phone socket that calls home every so often (e.g. an alarm or Sky box)?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

...or SHINE from some external source.
Finnigan,
Are you by any chance near an electrified railway?  If the answer is yes, try looking here though you'll need to know a 'location' on the rail network to identify a 'timing' point.  I get very pronounced spikes (anywhere from -4 to -7dB) each time a Voyager train passes.  On bad days, that can lead to a loss of synch - at very regular intervals.
I suggest that you down load RouterStats and start collecting continuous data of your SNRM.  It will show if you are being affected by SHINE or REIN interference.  If nothing else, it will 'chart' what is happening on your line and provide the evidence required to progress resolution.  One of the most frustrating aspects of intermittent problems is profiling them, especially if they are 'point event noise related' - invariably when the circuit is tested, no fault is going to be found, as the cause of the issue is not present at the time of testing.  See my SNRM graph from earlier to day - those spikes last a few seconds and in severe conditions (if they hit the base-line) could cause a loss of synch.
Frustrating as it is (I know I've been there) these matters are outwith PN's direct control - they do though still need to manage matters, which at the moment one has to say they could be doing better.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Finnigan
Grafter

Hi jelv,townman
                            We dont have sky tv or any type of alarm in the power socket,and the router is plugged directly into the master socket i do not use wifi cat5 cable on both pcs i will add the router stats for yous to see.....Thanks for all your help lads....Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there 
              got this as a reply from Plusnet it is as follows---->  There is a battery contact fault which i've had to log with BT Wholesale to investigate further. As soon as we receive a progress report someone from our faults team will be back in contact......Also since ive reported this to do with ip profile drop they have went ahead with the upload uncap which was supposed to be put on hold till monday and interleaving is not on the line either which was supposed to be stopped any ideas????? iam lost with all this.....Finnigan
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This all sounds like good news.
1. There is a detectable fault on the line requiring repair - battery contact fault
2. Upload uncap - this means that your uploads will be faster - good news!
3. Interleaving off is ideal and suggests that (aside from 1 above) your line is relatively error free.

You need to just wait now for BTOR to get their engineers out and hope they can locate and fix the fault.  If you are lucky, they will find it first time.  If there are any doubts about locating the fault try and get them to check the line out from the cabinet to your home.  Invariably they only test from your home socket.
Good luck!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Finnigan
the router is plugged directly into the master socket

The front of the master socket or the test socket inside when you remove the lower half?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Jelv,Townman, Goldenadsl
                              Thanks for all your replys lads,Yes it is plugged into the test socket  i should have stated that, also did a quiet line test last night with no static or noise at all from the test so i will just have to wait and see what P/Net find out from BTOR also checked to see if there was any other device that would cause any issues so far ive came up with nothing, also the router iam using is a brand new P/Net router i got not long ago....Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

The only way to suggest is to ask plusnet to ask BTOR to do some lift and shift at the exchange might do the trick!