Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile dropped

Finnigan
Grafter

Re: IP profile dropped

Hi chris
            Heres another bt speed test taken this morning,still no improvement looks like its still dropping speed wise and still no reason WHY???? And still no replys on why my profile has dropped either???? this is third time this has happend with no apparent reason.....Finnigan
P.S ive added another BT speed test from the 30/10/2013 to let yous see
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can't see any issues on your line and your exchange status is ok. I'd suggest running through our faults wizard - http://faults.plus.net and we'll take a closer look.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Chris
                i have done the fault checker as suggested by you on tuesday anyone had a chance to check it out and here is another speed test this morning.....Thanks Finnigan
P.S its still sitting at 6.5 and not 7.1mb as the other speed test i have shown on previous reply was 7.1mb at the start of the month??????
thesawdust
Grafter

ADSL for you  Shocked
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Apologies for the wait, I can't see any issues currently on your line so it will definately need our faults team to investigate.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              Its been over a week now with no confermation of what is going on with this connection why the sudden drop from 7.1mb to 6.5 i have phoned changed routers subbmitted a ticket  could someone let me know..... Thanks finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              this is the reply i had this morning from Plusnet regarding the issue iam having on my profile and no clear reply on why the profile has been reset on my line
I have tested your connection and can see that your profile is a little low for your line. So, I have reset this for you. Unfortunately, because the profile is set dynamically on your line we have little control over it. As long as your line remains stable the profile should. I will monitor your connection for a further 24/48 hours.
Any one want to shed some light on this?????? as iam confused.com on why and how it was reset in the first place, This sounds to me like a throughput issue as both bt engineers pointed out to me when they checked my line which was stable and snyced up straight away after they tested my line on both times they visited my house.......thanks in advance Finnigan
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Are ADSL2+ available at your exchange? If yes, you can ask plusnet to move you onto 21CN ADSL2+ as your line attenuation (downstream) could put you on 12-13 Meg on ADSL2+
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi goldenadsl
                        and the no iam in a adsl area only fibre not due here for a year, and still no reply from plusnet it will be almost 2 weeks come this thursday,with no details on why my profile has dropped abd the interleaving is back on my line getting fed up with all this now......Finnigan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It looks as though your IP Profile was dropped by our suppliers due to a temporary drop in your connection speed. This may have happened overnight, due to interference or planned maintenance on the BT Network.
When this happens, as a precaution, Interleaving can be applied, this can easily be turned off, which I'm sure John will do if you have requested it. I'm sorry if this has caused you problems, it looks to have been something outside of our control which has caused this.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Chris
              Thanks for getting back to me, any way you can check to see when this drop happend as ive checked through thinkbroadband as i have a monitor for broadband on there running for months and ive not seen any disconnections on it, and i have asked for interleaving to be turned off last tuesday and still nothing and reqested it on here too, as you are saying about the dropped connection does that mean i can get my profile reset to what it was as ive seen numerous people on here getting a reset after this happend to them.....Finnigan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just checked your account and your line - Interleaving isn't on at the moment, I can tell this from the Profile Info showing as: 6dB/Fast.
The drop was actually a long time ago as far as I can see. On our suppliers systems, we're registering a drop on 28/04/2013 - that was quite some time ago. For some reason our suppliers have put you on the Max Premium profile rather than the normal one, which has adjusted it to 6500 instead of 6900.
I've let John know so he knows where he needs go moving on from this to resolve the issue.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi chris
              Are you serious 28/4/2013 thats 7 month ago????? and what is the difference to max premium and normal? that does not sound right to me as ive been running lots of speed tests through the bt speed test i have one on page one of these replys and it states 7.1 profile at the start of the month??? Iam confused.com......Finnigan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The profiles I can see show this, which is why I've relayed this onto you.
The Max Premium profile shows as 6500-b whereas the normal profile would show as 7150 or 6500 for example. It's just a case of John speaking to our suppliers and getting the correct profile and product selected and aligned.
I'll await further correspondence from John on this as he's dealing with the case for you, but it should be a straight forward fix.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi chris
            thanks for getting back to me you are the man Smiley As iam a gamer will this affect game play online as iam still not clear on the difference between max and normal also is it possable to get my upload uncapped i know there is a fee every month but iam willing to pay for that too.....Many thanks again chris...LIke i said you are the man.....Finnigan Smiley