Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP STREAM

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

IP STREAM

Just looking at the BTW checker to see whether they are listing FTTC availability for my exchange/cabinet yet, when I noticed that they have a formal "retirement" date for IP Stream -does this mean that everyone will have to be switched from ADSL Max to ADSL2+ services? Will the ISPs do this automatically or will the subscribers just be cut off?? I ask because one of my friends is still on an up to 8Mb service (not with PN)
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: IP STREAM

It's only being retired at exchanges where ADSL2+ (21CN) is available.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@AndyH - Yes,I realise that..our exchange was "enabled" last December but I had to actually ask PN to move me over onto ADSL2+ - I'm more interested in what will happen to customers who are on TalkTalk connections on our Market 1 exchange (as my friend)  -not unbundled and still on ADSLMax - since they don't want these customers any more I wondered if they would just "cancel" them rather than switch them over.
AndyH
Grafter

IP Stream is an older product, older network so BT Wholesale are retiring it at those exchanges that already have WBC (ADSL/ADSL2+). It makes no sense to keep people on an older network, when they have the option of a newer, better network.
Quite a few exchanges (particularly small, rural ones) have not been upgraded to WBC/21CN so IP Stream is not being retired there. ADSL will continue to be provided there.