cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

Bitemeh1980
Grafter

IP Profile

Hi there i have left several tickets and had customer support phone me over this issue. However im getting really annoyed now. I live a quarter of a mile from my exchange and my line is capable of up to 8.1mb speeds. My IP profile is stuck on 5000kbps and has been for a while. Plusnet said they phoned BT and they said i cant get more. I used to get a stable 7mb speed why has it changed? This is an outrage. Plusnet then sent me a message saying
After the call, when I spoke with BT further we did realise that your sync speed was very low for the length of line from your house and the exchange, so I would personally recommend you raise a fault anyway, and then we can investigate in to this further:
So they realise the problem but want me to put YET ANOTHER fault ticket in. This would be the 3rd? 4th? ticket regarding the same thing.
The problem is obvious Plusnet themselves know this but no one can help. Ive been a Plusnet customer for years and this service this last week or 2 has been of a really low standard. Please can someone look at my account you can see all the information you need in there. Getting tired of asking for help and putting in the same damn tickets.
Thanks
/rant  Angry
2 REPLIES 2
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

/bump
Can anyone be of assistance please? Ive been told my ip profile has been bumped to 5500 by Plusnet which it hasnt as you can see from the attachment, but i dont understand why, in the first several months of being with plusnet i had speeds of up to and over 7mb yet now i cant get over 4.8 on every test. Ive been told by Plusnet its just not possible. Plusnet told me themselves over the phone they can confirm speeds of over 7mb. So which is it? I had an engineer out 2 months ago give or take now they want to send another one out?? 2 engineers in as many months? Ive persuaded 3 friends to Plusnet you can be sure i wont get anymore. As for help its been very little. An engineer isnt always the answer to everything. Im giving 1 week for some kind of answer then im off. I know i sound like a drama queen but im tired of DC's, low speeds, engineers etc etc. I was with Orange and BT themselves for a long time and never had this nonsense. At the very least bump my profile to 5500 properly  Angry
SpencerUk
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Hi Bitemeh1980,
Looking on your broadband connection, I can see that there appears to be errors on your line downstream wise is affecting your broadand access speeds. As I explained in your faults ticket, we need to find out where these errors are coming from. Can you please plug your router into the BT test socket of your premises and get back to us so we can run further tests. Thanks