cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

matty33
Dabbler

IP Profile

Hi my Ip Profile at your end has been set to 500, i did raise a ticket but just got alot of questions to answer about router dropouts. My router hardly ever needs restarting. So for some reason BT have lowered my profile there end, probally when my SKY+ had a fault last week. Anyhows could you raise my IP profile again your end as my router has been syncing at 2000-2400 all day but im still at 500 your end. How often do you update it btw and why is it needed ?
8 REPLIES 8
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: IP Profile

Sorry matty33 but you'll have to wait 3 days or so.
It's all automated BT systems and they wait for 3 days of stability before moving upwards.
No-one at PN can override it.
matty33
Dabbler

Im talking about the IP profile at plusnets end not BTs, Ive have read on other posts that they are able to adjust this there end, and have done. For other people, i think it is supposed to adjust a couple of times a day but would like to know when.
matty33
Dabbler

IE " Hi Pd,
I've just changed the profile at our end to match the one set by BT.  I fear I may have misinterpreted your PM earlier.  I thought that you were asking me to ask BT to increase your profile, rather than asking me to increase the profile at this end."
paulby
Grafter

@matty33
The BT IP profile isn't the sync rate shown by your router.  You'll need to run a BT Speedtest to find out what the BT IP profile for your line is.
It's the figure shown in this test that PN's systems match.
James
Grafter

Hi Matty,
I've just run a check on your line.
Your IP Profile with BT is currently set at 500Kbps and unfortunately we have no way of changing this.
Hopefully it should pick up in the next couple of days.
link:speed
matty33
Dabbler

Ok thanks for checking, Forgot that sync speed and BT profile are seperate things. Not sure why my profile would have dropped so low there end, thanks anyway.
pd
Grafter

It's possible that BT have been working in your exchange.
When this happened to me a few weeks ago BT were working on the muxes in my exchange (which I knew about). First my connection dropped and then for about an hour or so (presumably while they did whatever it was they were doing) I was connected at 576kbps before another drop and my synch returned to normal. 
I am guessing, but I think they must have somehow rigged up a temporary connection rather than leave me without service, but since I was connected this had the effect of dropping my IP profile to 500kbps.  Being a huge difference though my profile returned to 6500 within a few hours.
pd
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I think the clue was in the initial post: Wink
"probally when my SKY+ had a fault last week."