Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

IP Profile

Hi, First of all forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, I have no problem at the moment but would like some advice, I did a test on the BT site today and these are the results.
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5887 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
Its the IP profile I'm unclear about, I'm getting speeds in excess of 6mb and to date after nearly 3 months with Plusnet they have very rarely dropped below that figure so I'm very happy about the speed results. I check them quite regularly, 3 years with Tiscali brought on that habit I'm affraid, its difficult to get out of the habit but I'm gradually weaning myself off it.
Anyway i digress, Is the profile correct being 7000kb or should it be higher ?

Thanks  in advance
jono

4 REPLIES 4
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: IP Profile

I think it's correct; the BT equipment determines it. The absolute maximum it can ever be on a very good line is 7150 (like mine) so you're within a cats whisker of the best available - enjoy.  Grin
paulby
Grafter

You're on the correct profile for your sync speed.  You'd need to sync at 8128 to get a 7150 profile (which is as high as they go!).
See here under "Full list of available IP & bRAS profiles used by BT Wholesale on IPStream maxdsl products" about half way down the page.
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi Thanks, thought I'd ask just to make sure, certainly my speeds and so on are all OK. I'm a bit paranoid with speeds having had a long hard slog with Tiscali over speeds or should I say the lack of, especially living practically next door to the exchange, that's why I gave them the bullet and moved to Plusnet.
regards
jono
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Same as I did; Tiscali just went totally downhill starting about 6 months ago (for me).