Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 196 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 89 / 58
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 51 / 40
PN Connection speed (in the Members Centre) is 10.4 Mbps, reflecting a previous IP Profile.
Can anybody advise me about this?  Should I be asking for an SNR reset?
Thanks
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP Profile too low

Hi there,
I've just run been running a few checks for you. It looks like you've been experiencing some drops in connectivity. That in turn has caused the IP profile to lower significantly so we'd need to focus on that issue first really.
Just to cover the most obvious thing first have you/do you turn your router off frequently?
I've just noticed that the disconnections seem to take place at around midday or 4pm mostly so do you perhaps have anything like central heating that could be turning on/off at those times?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Adam
I have been disconnecting now and then, as advised, prior to running BT speedtests.  Also, I've moved the router to a more convenient location with a slightly longer ethernet cable. This would account for a few drops of session yesterday and today. I also turned the router off by mistake, but only once, and this seems to have coincided with the fall in sync speed....
I can't think of anything that might cause interference at noon and 4 pm, particularly.  I propose to stop fiddling with it for a day or two to see if the connection is stable!  Could I ask you to have another look in due course, and try pushing the noise margin down if it seems ok?
Thanks for your reply.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris,
Your line has been stable since you last posted, I've placed a SNR reset on your line so this will hopefully resolve the noise currently on your line. This normally takes around 4 hours to complete but can sometimes take 24 hours.
I'd also advisable to leave your router turned on and to not reboot as your line will undergo a 10 day training period when the SNR reset completes.
ChrisL
Rising Star

Suffered a power cut this afternoon  Sad  But hopefully the training will get over one drop....
Many thanks chrispurvey.
ChrisL
edit to add:-

ChrisL
Rising Star

Thanks all
Grin Grin