Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile stuck at 0.14mbps

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: IP Profile stuck at 0.14mbps

Matt has just performed an SNR reset as the line is looking quite stable, this should increase your profile within a few hours. If it continues to drop when it rains we'll need to investigate as a fault.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mtrueman

I spoke to someone once a long time ago and didnt have the best experience, so i've lived with it since then (as its never usually this bad and sorts itself out within a day or so). I'll see how i get on after this reset and raise a ticket if im still having issues.
Even better, you could get BT to extend their Downham Market fibre rollout slightly so that it reaches my house (which is about 500m from the boundry of the rollout - yes im annoyingly 500m too close to the nordelph exchange to be able to get fibre when it's installed).I guess i could hook some wireless routers and repeaters into the lamp post power supplies Wink
Thanks Matt and Chris for doing the reset. I hope this helps.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Even better, you could get BT to extend their Downham Market fibre rollout slightly so that it reaches my house

I wish! I'm moving house soon away from a Fibre area, the place I'm moving to is physically closer to a fibre enabled exchange but I'm getting connected to a non-fibre one as that's the one that serves my premises. Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mtrueman

Connection Speed 7648 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 26 db 6 db
Noise Margin 6 db 25 db
Actual speed is already hell of a lot faster.
Are there any useful utilities for monitoring when my adsl line drops? You can see from the radius log that it did drop off a few times and only one of those in the last week was me pulling the plug out on the router. Would be useful to be able to be alerted when it drops so i can corellate it with weather conditions.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You should be able to see connection drops in the router's log, that should do what you're after? You're looking for messages about LCP going down and coming back up IIRC.
mtrueman

Found this for my router, which can email me a notification when the connection drops....
http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Oh excellent - we often ask people to install that.
Keep an eye on the downstream noise margin graph - if it varies by more that a 3 or 4db there's definitely something wrong.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Now that you've got the improved SYCH speed at SNRM of 6dB,  it would be worthwhile doing a new data speed test.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.