Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile stuck again - low download speed

scimitar
Grafter

IP Profile stuck again - low download speed

Dear Team
Last night my connection speed increased to 3500 kbps and the S/N ratio is now 5. The download speed has dropped from about 2.5Mbps to 1.9Mbps. I usually get about 2.5Mbps with S/N of about 6. I rebooted the router this morning and connection speed is still 3520 kbps with 1.9Mbps download speed.
Is it possible to reset the IP profile again? My router is connected direct into BT faceplate.
I have tried the BT test but get this message which I believe is a known issue with you
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
Regards
Scimitar

3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: IP Profile stuck again - low download speed

Hi Scimitar,
although your sync is 3520, your BT profile is still 2500. This will increase to 3000 if the line remains stable for about 72 hours. I'm not sure why you're not getting closer to that but there's nothing restricting that. Are you using wired or wireless connection?
Jojo Smiley
scimitar
Grafter

Thanks JoJo. My system is wired into router with cat3 cable: router to the BT faceplate. I will monitor and check in 72 hours. The connection speed has been at 3040 for at least the past month with 2.45 Mbps so I do not know why the connection speed has jumped up and the download speed down.
If this continues would it be worth raising a ticket with your faults team?
Scimitar
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scimitar,
I would wait and see what happens when the profile changes, but if there's no change and you've been constantly connected then I certainly would.
Jojo Smiley