cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile reset

Nicb4999

IP Profile reset

Hi, could anyone possibly reset my IP profile.
Engineer completed work yesterday but my profile is still stuck at 0.25Mb and it is capable of 7Mb usually.
Username- nic4999
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: IP Profile reset

Do you mean the BT IP profile - from the BT speedtest - if so they can't and it will sort itself out
If you mean the current line speed and the BT speedtest gives the correct one I suggest either raising a ticket or phoning
Nicb4999

Raised ticket, tweeted and posted on here. No response since Thursday evening, not impressed at all!
Engineer called Friday morning but there has been no update since. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but I don't think so.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Welcome to the wonderful world of BT's DLM system!
What speed does your router say it is connecting at and how long does it say the connection has been up?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Nicb4999

Hi jelv
My current speed is 0.125Mb/s, engineer completed work at around 1pm Friday and I have left it since then. I am just concerned that there has been no update on my ticket and I have received no text,email,tweet or even smoke signal.  I'd rather be fobbed off then ignored totally.  I could try and phone of course but isn't the point of online assistance to avoid hanging on the phone forever.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Have you checked the IP profile as given by the BT speedtest
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Nicb4999
My current speed is 0.125Mb/s

No idea what you mean by that - downstream sync speed reported by your router, IP Profile reported by the BT speed test, current line speed shown of the Plusnet portal or the result of running a speed test?
What I was asking for is the first. The full results reported by a BT speedtest would be useful.
Nicb4999

Download  Speed
0.01 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.01 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :0.86 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps
jelv
Seasoned Hero

How long since your router last reconnected? (I hope you are leaving it on permanently)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Can you post the stats from your router as the BT speedtest gives a sync speed of 0.86Mb per sec and you said you normally get about 7Mb per sec
What we need are speeds, attenuation and noise margin.
The reason is that you either still have a problem or the line has been banded
Nicb4999

Hi, is this any good for you? Please excuse my ignorance with these matters.
<snip>
ADSL
  Type Interleave Path
  Status SHOWTIME

Downstream Upstream
  Data rate(Kbps) 2432Kb 448Kb
  Noise Margin 9 15
  Output power(dBm) 124 199  
Attenuation(dB) 34 16
jim:green unnecessary and personally identifiable bit removed mod:end
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That suggests that you've reconnected since you ran the BT speed test because the sync speed is different. Have you done a reconnection or did it just happen?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That doesn't make sense
First the reported sync  speed is much higher than that reported in the BT speedtest
Second with that attenuation you should be getting speeds of about 7Mb at least
Third as you are apparently on ADSL1 and possibly 20CN connection the line isn't banded
So a further question - between carrying out the BT speed test and getting these stats did you resync the router
Finally  the line fault does not appear to have been fixed
Nicb4999

Well thanks for your help but my head is starting to hurt now. I think I need to call them and sounds like the engineer will be coming back!
Thanks for your time, I will hopefully get it sorted and report back what happened.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are you connected to the test socket, the front plate of the master socket, or an extension socket? Do you have fixed extension sockets and wiring? Are you using any extension leads? Do you have a spare modem/router and filter to try if need be?
Should you need to swap anything around or reboot/resync, please use this method -
Do a Disconnect of your PPP Internet session with the ISP - you need to login to the modem/router interface and look for the Disconnect button to click on. On the Thomson modem/routers you will typically find it in the box marked Internet as shown here.
Now wait a few minutes, power down. Then wait 10 minutes (during this time swap any filters, modem/router, connect to test socket, etc. - it doesn't matter if you take longer than 10 minutes) and then power up again (You may need to login to the modem/router and click on Connect to re-establish the PPP Internet session). Check the stats immediately (The Noise Margin [SNRM] shown is usually the current Target Noise Margin).
I usually recommend you do this no more than 5 times in an hour, and then leave it alone for the rest of the day.  Remember the reason for this procedure is to help prevent the exchange DLM from thinking you have a dropping connection (or a worse one than you may have).