cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile reduced

DJ1UK
Grafter

Re: IP Profile reduced

another update on this.. been away from house all morning.
Noticed DSL had disconnected at 4am, but speeds etc looked ok at 7am.  Then it also disconnected at 12noon. BT IP profile back down to 0.5Mbps.
Trying another adsl filter.. lets see how long this connection lasts. Reconnected around 14:15.
If I'm unable to get a stable connection on this.. what are the next steps ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The disconnections are definalty causing you the speed issue. I've passed this to our faults team who will investigate further.
Your IP profile will pick backup if your line remains stable. Your fault ticket(57987905) will be updated once testing has been completed.
DJ1UK
Grafter

Another update, DSL disconnected at 14:45 today. The same time a friend phoned my landline. They didn't get through as there is no phone connected at the moment! (but then they phoned my mobile).
All was stable for over a day before this. I have left router connected on its own (with filter) for now.
So does this point to a line fault? I see it's quite a common fault for ADSL2+ connections to disconnect when phone call recieved.
DJ1UK
Grafter

Another DSL disconnection at 12:50 today and sync speed lowered.
Disconnected router and reconnected after 20 mins or so and sync speed increased but IP profile reduced again;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.11 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :7.04 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.35 Mbps
Tried 3 different routers and 3 filters now, plugged in to socket nearest where line enters house.  Nothing else connected and all randomly disconnect DSL.
Hopefully the people looking at my fault ticket will pick it up on Monday and advise the next step.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see you connection is still dropping out, I've chased this with our faults team who are testing your line and will update your fault ticket. Let me know if you have further issue's and I'll chase this up for you.
Chris
DJ1UK
Grafter

Thanks, it's actually looking more stable now.. been stable for 22 hours.  Noise margin is jumping around from 14 to 15.. but think that is ok.
Will continue to monitor it and continue to run routerstats on it for the next few days.
DJ1UK
Grafter

Line dropped again tonight.  Had been stable for over 2 days.
Have RouterStats running and can see that the noise margin dropped at the same time as the sync speed - see attached.
I was not at home when this happened, so the cause is a mystery.
I have already changed all filters, tried a different router, left the broadband +filter connected on its own and still the drop-outs.
BT SpeedChecker now says;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.67 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.09 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.19 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.75 Mbps
Shall I restart the router to see if it syncs at a higher level or leave as is?
DJ1UK
Grafter

Sync speed just jumped up again
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.67 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :7.07 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.75 Mbps
Hoping that IP profile resets itself soon too..
Maybe just another blip in the system.  Will continue to monitor.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you tested ringing your landline from your mobile? If an incoming call causes a disconnection you are going to continue to get problems. If you plugged in a phone and dialled 1471 you could check if the last call received corresponded to a disconnection.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DJ1UK
Grafter

Hi
Thanks, yes tried this a couple of weeks back. It did cause disconnections but after changing the micro filter i can call landline and not get disconnected.
After the 10 day training period my connection was stable for 3 days then disconnected again. Currently stabke for just over 18 hours. Will wait and see how stable it is this time.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Fingers crossed it stays stable, let us know if not though - but it sounds like swapping the filter has helped a lot.
DJ1UK
Grafter

Hi,
Just an update on this.. after trying new filters, router and finally changing my cordless phones.. (which seem to have solved it), my line has remained stable.
Thanks to everyone for their help and the first class support once again from Plus Net.  Thanks especially to Matt and Chris for resolving this and their patience when trying to diagnose and get to the root of the problem.
Thanks again.