cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile of 350kbps

MT

IP Profile of 350kbps

According to the BT Speedtester I have an IP profile of 350kbps.
Unsuprisingly my broadband speeds are awful.  My broadband connection kept dropping Monday and Wednesday my phone line had a lot of noise and wouldnt get a dial tone.
I have raised a fault through the PN website that is still open but the phone line seems ok now and my connection is stable however the speeds are abysmal.
Is there a way to raise the IP profile to a normal level?  I really want to play some Halo3 later but with speeds like I am getting I think I will struggle!
Cry 
I know that these things *should* increase automatically but I am a little impatient!  Wink
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: IP Profile of 350kbps

Hi MT,
You say that your phone line is crackly - have you reported this to your voice supplier? If not, you really need to!
The problem on your phoneline will be causing your broadband to disconnect, ultimately giving you a rubbish IP Profile.
If you get the voice line fixed, broadband should follow.
MT

Hi,
The phone line was crackly on Wednesday and i had no dial tone.  I tried unplugging everything, swapping phone sockets, master sockets only etc but nothing.  It was too late for me to do anything so I gave up and went to bed.  Next morning the phone line is working and sounds fine.
According to the Plusnet Exchange page, there was a fault from last weekend (not on my exchange - RIPLEY - but it still affected my area code)  I assume this blip on my phone, and my disconnects on Monday - Wednesday were related to this.
My connected *seems* stable now and my phone is fine for voice calls, I just wondered if there was a way to raise my IP profile as the disconnects and problems from earlier in the week have obviously taken its toll.
Like I said, I have an open fault with PN and I can raise a fault with BT if my phone line problem returns but the optimist in me thinks everything is OK now and I was just hoping for some decent gaming later  Smiley but not with a profile of 350 Sad

James
Grafter

Now that your connection is stable, the IP Profile will pick up again, but I'm afraid that you'll need to be patient for a bit.
MT

I thought that might be the case...
Sad
Thanks for the reply though.
mapletree
Grafter

Leave your router on 24/7.  IME the IP profile will normally recover more quickly.