cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps

ebourne

Username ebourne
My Aunt is complaining her computer is unusable slow. After testing I think she means the internet is too slow so pages have trouble loading.
Speedtests give about 100kbs down.300kbs up. (Yes the upload is faster than the download)
The router connected at about 1mbps but after restarting we achieved about 2mbps. But the internet is no faster.
I will go over tomorrow and try a different router and microfilter.
But if Plus.net has somehow limited her line in some way or can do something to rectify please do.

Bt Performance test gives
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.13 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2.05 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)

The router gives the following stats
ADSL State Show Time
Data Path Interleaved
Operation Mode G.dmt
Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2080 / 448
SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 8.0 / 20.0
Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 40.5 / 21.0
Power Down/Up(dBm) 19.0 / 12.5
CRC Down/Up 0 / 0
FEC  Down/Up 6169 / 5
HEC Down/Up 0 / 0
Thankyou. If a different router doesn't help and you can't do anything I guess I will move onto the phone line so fingers crossed.

4 REPLIES 4
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps

1. Check the phone line for noise, dial 17070 option 2 from the master test socket.  If there is any hissing/cracking then report a phone line fault with who ever provides it
2. Check if she has been Rebooting the router multiple times or just switching it off multiple times a day, that causes DLM to see a fault and reduces the speed.  If she has to turn it off, then once last thing at night is ok.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ebourne

Quote from: Gus
1. Check the phone line for noise, dial 17070 option 2 from the master test socket.  If there is any hissing/cracking then report a phone line fault with who ever provides it
2. Check if she has been Rebooting the router multiple times or just switching it off multiple times a day, that causes DLM to see a fault and reduces the speed.  If she has to turn it off, then once last thing at night is ok.

Thank you. She sounded ok on the phone talking to her. But I will check. I handy think to know.
I don't think she knows how to turn the router off. I suspect it was on for months so I actually wondered if it was not rebooting it that was causing problems...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I think the main issue are drops. There are a lot of unexplained disconnections which aren't helping matters.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ebourne

Well I put a newer router in to be safe and moved it from her study to the master phone socket. It connected at 7mps versus 2mbs which was pleasing. After 24 hours the ip profile remains at 0.14mbs. Reading around suggests it may take up to three days to fix itself so I guess I will have to wait another two days and then start complaining again if it does not fix itself.
Annoying but I guess after ten years of working just fine the internal phone wiring from the master socket to her office must have suddenly deteriorated.  Now she has a slightly tenuous wireless link installed to her master socket which will be higher maintenance I suspect but worth it if it works.
The phone line sounds fine and regular phones still work find on the extensions, though thank you for the thought.
We shall see. Thankyou