cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile On Unlimited Fibre Connection

eglons
Dabbler

IP Profile On Unlimited Fibre Connection

I've just realised I've an ip profile set on my line at 6.19Mb. I'm supposed to get "upto 20Mb" and previously had a BT Engineer out who had the line as stable at around 17Mb. Anyone and idea  how do I go about removing the profile setting?
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: IP Profile On Unlimited Fibre Connection

If all is working OK the profile update should be automatic.  So first, lets see if all is OK with your connection.  If anything needs to be done, then you will need to raise a support ticket, as there is not likely to be DCT support staff on the forums until Tuesday, only other customers offering help.
Can you please post your router stats and the results of the BT wholesale speed test and further diagnostics tests.  Also what does PN think is your current speed?  The links to these can be found in a speed problem 'sticky' at the top of this forum.

I just re-read the title FIBRE- you cannot get the stats I asked for!  Having read your figures I (stupidly) ASSUMED  Embarrassed you are on ADSL.  Sorry!
...though even for ADSL these figures are challenging.  Anyhow Matthew looks like he's covering for DCT this weekend - good egg!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
Sorry to hear that the speeds have dropped
I've tested your line and I can see that the modem is only syncing at 6.5mbps
If you can run through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net and we can get this looked into further
Apologies for any inconvenience caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
eglons
Dabbler

HI, I've gone through that and raised a fault ticket. I've no idea what's happened, the line used to be in synch at around 20Mb and 6Mb is no better than ADSL so no point in paying for fibre!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for completing the troubleshooter
We'll get this looked into and we'll be in touch as soon as we can
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team