cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Conflict (Vista) - Plusnet run out of ideas! HELP!

swonky
Dabbler

Re: IP Address Conflict (Vista) - Plusnet run out of ideas! HELP!

I'm staying wired for the moment so i can get my work done, but will try unplugging tomorrow and doing the 'delete 0.0.0.0' magic trick again on my wireless setting!
I really am so grateful pwatdon. I'm going to be emailing Plusnet customer support and directing them to this thread with the suggestion of a reward for you and all your effort. We shall see how far I get!
Grin
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

It's not our good old 'friend' bonjour is it ? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970313

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: swonky
- Plusnet need to give pwatson a free month or something, he's saved them lots of tec time and a very angry me!
I am so grateful.  Grin

Quote from: swonky

I really am so grateful pwatdon. I'm going to be emailing Plusnet customer support and directing them to this thread with the suggestion of a reward for you and all your effort. We shall see how far I get!

Like Jelv Strat I've also followed this thread with interest, and, credit where credit is due, I would award full marks to pwatson for showing such patience and perseverance in resolving your problem(s), but why you feel the problem was either caused by or should have been resolved by PlusNet is beyond me  Huh
There is an uncomplimentary 'technical' term for some of what transpired which a less generous person than pwatson might have been tempted to use, I know I was tempted to refer to it.  Lips_are_sealed
Anyway, I'm glad you're now sorted  Smiley
Edit: Corrected Strat in place of Jelv, apologies to those concerned