cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP mail: sent box weirdness

memesmith
Dabbler

IMAP mail: sent box weirdness

Right this one's a doozy and I've only just noticed it.
I set up my mail client a couple of weeks ago when I migrated to PlusNet, no problems. Earlier this week i set up my new iPhone, and the settings from my mail client were successfully synced to that. (I did notice i could only send email when using my own wifi network - but posts another thread about that and got satisfactory answers)
The weird thing, is that I had to check back on what i said in an email I sent previously today and get this: the sent box only has copies of the emails I sent from my phone (via the home network) nothing I've sent using my desk-top's mail client had been saved (it seems).
Now for the first time I notice I have TWO sent boxes, or my correctly one sent box, and one sent folder, this last sitting within my Inbox along with a drafts and trash folder. The emails i sent from my iPhone are stored in the folder, but its the box that indicates activity when I send a mail from the desktop client. And when I click on it after the mail has been sent (and happily received) I get a dialogue box that says
'Unable to Open "Plus net"
Mail was unable to open this mailbox on the server “imap.plus.net”.
The server error encountered was: Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to.'
So any ideas?
I'm thinking it must be the settings on my client that are wrong, but I'm damned if i can see where? And if the iPhone got its settings from the client, how come that works?

2 REPLIES 2
memesmith
Dabbler

Re: IMAP mail: sent box weirdness

Sorry, should have made that clear.
I'm using Mac Mail on Leopard Mac OS 10.5
memesmith
Dabbler

Re: IMAP mail: sent box weirdness

Right, I'm still none-the-wiser. I just deleted the account in my mail client, and did it again from scratch. Still two sent 'boxes' (one a box, one a folder in my inbox) still not actually recording sent mail in either box...
And I notice when i try to delete anything from my inbox, I get a message that says:
The message “Fwd: Test” could not be moved to the mailbox “Deleted Messages — PlusNet”
The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: Error in IMAP command received by server..