cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to order a new router

sunumiah
Dabbler

Re: I would like to order a new router

Ok let me get this straight maybe it is not called an extension socket from my Master socket there is a white wire long connecting to another one but it is not the MASTER ONE and that one is faulty also PlusNet guy installed it when installing my broadband
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am sorry to be somewhat abrupt
You have said the router loses power when used in the extension socket - you said that the power light goes out
You have said that this doesn't happen when it is connected to the master socket
I have assumed that the master socket and the extension socket are in different rooms so that the router is plugged into a different electricity socket
I have suggested that the electricity socket used for the router when at the extension socket may be faulty and that you should try having the router in the extension socket but with the power supplied via an extension lead from another power point
sunumiah
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
I wasn't clear  Embarrassed
An extension power lead from another power point to power the router

Oh sorry wasn't getting you, I tried that now it still does not work
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You mean that the power light doesn't come on or you don't get internet access
sunumiah
Dabbler

Never Mind fixed it new router came today with plug and stuff ( thought they only give router ; ) It is all fixed. Thanks anyways Smiley Speed back to normal