cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to cancel plusnet

Aivis200

I would like to cancel plusnet

I'm in plusnet almost 3 years I would like to disconnect plusnet what i need to do.
14 REPLIES 14
geewizz
Grafter

Re: I would like to cancel plusnet

Cancellation line:
0845 140 6002*. Lines open 9am-9pm, Monday to Friday

By the way, please don't cancel all of Plusnet, just your own contract with them. Some of us still want to use the service.
Denzil
Grafter

Out of interest, why are you leaving? If it because you have some kind of connection problem then you are better off staying to get it fixed.
Aivis200

you want to know why because plusnet is very slow .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you move to another provider you may find that you take the problem with you.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

PlusNet is pretty quick where I am, moving provider won't help you unless you are going to go to cable.
There are plenty of people around willing to help to try and get the most out of your connection.
Can you post your router stats and BT speedtest results to see if there is anything to be done?
EDIT: Strat got in there first. Typical  Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Denzil
Grafter

If you don't know how to get your router statistics tell us the router model and someone will know. Plusnet really are amongst the best for customer service so if there is a line problem you are better off staying.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: adiewoo
EDIT: Strat got in there first. Typical  Wink

But you were better....typical Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
techguy
Grafter

While the quality of an ISPs network (its networking equipment and peering connections) is important. the so called 'last mile' or local loop between your house or business premises and your telephone exchange has a big impact on the perceived speed and general quality of the connection.
Moving providers will not help with problems with this as it is only once the data packets have reached the exchange does your choice of provider affect the route they take.
As you are a plusnet member and BT own plusnet you are more likely to get your problem resolved quickly so I'd advise that you pursue your problem with support before you leave.
I am due to go live on PN on Friday and have looked at the broadband market and have not found a better broadband only deal and by the looks of these forums it does look as though members and indeed staff do want to help resolve issues which is more than I can say of a lot of ISPs, both from my own experience and that of friends and work colleagues.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

OP is conspicuous by their absence...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
madjbright
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
As you are a plusnet member and BT own plusnet you are more likely to get your problem resolved quickly ......

plusnet is owned by BT Retail. BT Retail and plusnet will be treated exactly the same as any other ISP by the parts of BT who need to fix any problem. Problems will not get resolved more quickly other than by plusnet engaging BT effectively.
techguy
Grafter

Ok allow me to rephrase, BT Retail are probably likely to be Wholesale's biggest customer and so can leverage this buying power in the same way that any company in any industry would give its larger accounts a higher priority than the smaller ones.
cp:quote
itsme
Grafter

But most of the problems fall within Openreach remit and currently they probably make more money from LLU companies than BT.
prichardson
Grafter

Product leverage is one thing, unfortunately operational leverage is another.
I can't speak for the actual processes involved in BT, but it's certainly the case of other industries (though for obvious reasons, they don't have some of the problems as BT do).
EOI (Equivalence Of Input) means that each carrier (Sky, BT Wholesale, TalkTalk) must be treated operationally the same, whilst it means this should also be the case from a product perspective in terms of the supply, access and processes, larger carriers will obviously have a larger say in the shape of things to come from Openreach. Whilst the large carriers cannot do anything to move away from Openreach if they don't assist, they do risk Ofcom knocking on the door at some point, maybe.
EOI applied to BT Wholesale to, in regards to operational support on the products they supply to service providers. For example, as a service provider we have access to exactly the same fault diagnostic system as any other IPStream provider, be this the front end version allowing quick human interaction without the SP developing anything, or the the automation tools that allow the SP to design their own.
The same applies for ordering tools, and contact numbers for the service centres. Infact, you talk to anybody in the service centres and they wouldn't have a clue Plusnet are owned by BT Retail, so wouldn't stand a chance of gaining assistance, and trust me, if you spent a day in the office with me you would hear me smacking them with a hammer trying to work around the redtape.
You may think "well he works for Plusnet, owned by BT Retail, he would say this". Oh how I wish the red tape didn't exist and we could just leverage our owners for all they are worth. Would make life easier to say the least, but also allow us to shape the market rather than mould to it.
techguy
Grafter

Hi Phil
The point of my post was just really to say that on the basis of my experience of Plusnet thus far (and I am awaiting migration) compaired with the so called service of a few of the others I have used over the years has been excellent and leads me to believe that if any group of staff would strive to get to the bottom of a problem it would be yourselves.