Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to return

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I want to return

Yeah, that's why the new account is easier Smiley
Not sure about the username moving, not sure if that's possible but we have a record on an internal wiki of usernames that we can add any necessary to Smiley
ryoken
Grafter

I'm on the Bangor exchange too and been having the same problems for over 3 weeks now.
Ive had two engineers visit and not one mentioned the fact the exchange is up the swany.
Ive had new face plate, modem, router and cables. Speeds bounce between 0.17 and 41 Mbps.
The router doesn't drop out but internet pages will not open.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hi i have received my  MAC code off bt , and was in the process of signing up online, but there was a £50 activation fee , is there any way around this ? As im still a plusnet account holder and there will be no need for a installation of anything as it was done by bt.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HaydnExport,
The £50 activation fee that you mention is normally charged when you only take broadband (without phone). There is unfortunately no way around this.
You mention that you are still a Plusnet account holder, however, if you have left and gone to another service provider the account would normally be closed.
I have managed to locate an account and I would advise that you contact our Support Team on 0800 432 0200 to discuss this further. Please note that you will need your username and password ready to pass our security checks.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Thanks , ill get my gf (account holder) to ring when she finishes work. It wouldnt be a problem usually , but i had an accident at work 6 months ago and am still off for at least another month or so depending on how physio goes.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, not a problem. Our Customer Services Team should be able to come to an agreement with your partner when she calls.
Ouch, sounds like a nasty accident! Good luck with the physio!
HaydnExport
Grafter

That was a flat no from the sales guy .  Looks like im not migrating.  Cry
Edit:  Is there no way around it ? split it into 2 bills?  I really regret leaving after what must be 5 or 6 years
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hi again, ive ordered online new username is haydnexportnew  Cheesy  just got a text asking for my mac code, bt are giving it to me tomorrow at 2pm as they had to cancel the expired one (i waited until an arranged engineer visit before migration, he didnt turn up).  I have paid for activation and one months internet today i think, and a router.  How long after you receive my MAC code will i be shot of bt ?
HaydnExport
Grafter

Apologies for the double post , does the pro add on make a difference with fibre?  And what does it actually do?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HaydnExport,
Once you provide us with the MAC Code then we will confirm once the order is placed and the appointment date will be based on engineer availability so it wouldn't be possible for me to confirm this to you now. To give you an idea though the minimum leadtime for a Fibre engineer is 5 working days from when we place the order. We will also confirm if the engineer will require access to the property or not as in some cases they may only need to attend to carry out external work. All of this will be confirmed to you when the order is placed.
Also, I can confirm that the Pro Add-On would not improve your connection or your experience with our Fibre service.
HaydnExport
Grafter

I didn't think I'd need an engineer as I'm migrating from bt infinity ?
Edit: Can one of the plusnet team clarify if i need an engineer or not as i'll be using the same equipment as i am now , with just changing login details.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hi I have just sent my mac code , could you let me know if i need an engineer's visat as per previous post ?  Looking forward to being back !
HaydnExport
Grafter

My order status seems to be stuck on checking my line since yesterday  Shocked
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hi again , looks like im talking to myself  Cheesy  Anyway i have received a date of 7/3/2014 for install, i cant really take a day off unless absolutely necessary, and seeing as bt have installed the new faceplate and im online with fttc with them , do you need to have an engineer to visit my property?
HaydnExport
Grafter

Looks like date has been changed to the 8/3 , so will an engineer be required to visit?Huh