cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had quite enough of award-winning customer service now, thanks!

rhinosquirrel

I've had quite enough of award-winning customer service now, thanks!

So

For a while, I've been wrestling with trying to work from home using PlusNet ADSL.

Most of the time, it's fine. Then, periodically - usually when I'm in the middle of a work call or something critical - my connection speed tanks. I still have a connection - oh yes - but at 0.1MB/s or less. Not enough to keep a stable connection to my company's VPN for sure. This persists for 10-15 minutes, while I can get nothing done, and I'm reduced to messaging my colleagues on my mobile phone to explain why I suddenly dropped off the call.

This happened yesterday, around 5pm while I was trying to get something done by the end of the day.

Then again this evening at around 5.45 when I was trying to finish what I was unable to finish yesterday.

I did try calling PlusNet. After 20 minutes on hold, listening to Christmas music, I gave up.

PlusNet - all I want for Christmas is a decent, reliable connection speed.

The only other option to contact you is chat - which, by the time I'd got my connection back and finished my work (6.45 by this time), was offline. Of course it was.

Award-winning customer service? Please......

Short-term - I feel I now have to risk Covid and go to the office, as I can't do my job from home with a flaky internet connection.

And as soon as I can, I'll be getting rid of PlusNet.

Refer a Friend? You're kidding, right? I do actually LIKE my friends.

10 REPLIES 10
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: I've had quite enough of award-winning customer service now, thanks!

@rhinosquirrel Welcome to the forum.  🙂

Can't help with your fault, but just to save you potential further frustration - the Chat facility ceased to operate nearly 12 months ago, but despite several complaints there are still links to it around the site.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Have you tried raising a fault at faults.plus.net? This will create a fault ticket and a faults adviser will contact you after investigating

Switzer
Hooked

Must be their own awards, as its an awful product and terrible service

rhinosquirrel

Would it be too much to ask for them to include this as an option in the Support area of the website?

Besides - they can check my speed now, and it will be fine. Ticket closed. Next. I really need them to look at it while it's misbehaving - but with wait times at 20mins+ for a phone call, that's not going to happen, really. Or - it'll be BT's fault - nothing they can do. See, Plusnet? I'm even making your excuses for you - so you don't have to. Not a happy camper.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

@rhinosquirrel wrote:
Would it be too much to ask for them to include this as an option in the Support area of the website?

It is. In the Broadband tab of your account, faults.plus.net is the Broadband Troubleshooter

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Also you’d be surprised what intermittent faults can be picked up by a line test. Realistically though the issue’s likely either to be on Openreach infrastructure (if not your equipment or internal wiring)

Switzer
Hooked

Its still an unreliable service, I have been through the process of getting the service working again numerous times. Got to the point that I could go into the routersettingsand reset the connection without calling technical but I shouldn't have to.  It's an inconvenience and time consuming, better switching to a different provider IMO.  Basically I understand and agree with the original poster.

Switzer
Hooked

Screenshot_20201216-200915_Chrome.jpg

A speedtest on a Plusnet connection from earlier this evening. 

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

What steps have you taken so far to diagnose the issue you’re experiencing?

Switzer
Hooked

I have signed up with another provider & cancelled direct debit, been through all the technical help lines too many times I don't wish to waste my time again.  Never been satisfied in the past 2 years, been okay at times but its quite often a slow service an next to useless.  I wouldn't trust a Plusnet connection make important work calls/meetings.  I pay for an b4oadband service and don't want to have to regular diagnose why its not connecting.