cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ( use to ) want to quit trial

SEWERWOLF
Grafter

Re: I want to quit trial

Moderator siad that using Belkin on the Plus Net network was not suitable, and adviced you to exchange it for a netgear.
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO DOG on Today at 02:15
o.k. time to crawl on my hands and knees and ask for forgiveness

Can we see a picture of this

i was going to link to youtube vid of a dog crawling but they were all rubish but this one dog is dam clever make sure you lock your dogs away secure Grin

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It's the look of the other dogs that is funny... anyway what was this topic again  Wink Crazy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

the topic was my stupidity Wink
well all the down falls the belkin n150 has in lack of settings( even if you change the wireless settings the dam thing resync's Crazy )
it enabled me to get back on xbox lag free and even let me bump my kill ratio up with the help of  Carl being a willing target Grin
one thing i have noticed with the belkin on adsl2 is it seems to sync at the same down speed every time and i mean spot on. yet my noise margin target seems to have droped down to 12db at last. The upsync changes abit but the downsync is stuck
Downstream Upstream

Data rate(Kbps) 3068Kb 799Kb

Noise Margin 12 10

Output power(dBm) 126 163

Attenuation(dB) 61 28

James
Grafter

I've also had a fried DG834G, although I'm convinced it was down to BT frying it by sending a high current down my line when DSL was activated.
Our faults team disagree Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: ASBO
the topic was my stupidity Wink

Could be a long topic...  Cheesy Grin
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I've also had a fried DG834G, although I'm convinced it was down to BT frying it by sending a high current down my line when DSL was activated.
Our faults team disagree Smiley

Grin Grin
Not surprised that the faults team disagreed for the following reasons.
1. Current is not sent down the line as current is a function of Voltage over Resistance.
2. The current is limited, and this can be checked by shorting the A/B wires. If the current is not limited than the wires will burn out with this test.
It's high voltage that fry devices and this could happen when there is an electrical storm in the area.
James
Grafter

Must have been that then Smiley
No - My router did actually sync, but because I'd had my account downgraded before I'd moved house, I had auth failures.  Called the CSC and got them to upgrade my account back to a staff one.  Changed settings, rebooted router, no sync.
I've had abuse about that for 18 months now 😛
scootie
Grafter

hum.
had some issues gaming again tonight. actual game play seemed o.k but when i returned to the dashboard it took ages to load, friends list did to, got the old message when on the xbox live menu of cod waw saying downloading setups so its not a dashboard problem.
rebooted xbox same
rebooted router and every thing was fine again.
iam going to try and go into town tomoro and exchange the belkin for a netgear.
if the new netgear has this problem to then its got to be a network / line problem after seeing the issue on 2 current and maybe 3 routers if i exchange and it happens again Undecided
and no its not the xbox as i have tried 2  Wink
James
Grafter

Matt's mentioned elsewhere, since iPlayer went HD, we've seem an increase in iPlayer traffic in the region of 300-400Mbps.
We'll be implementing additional capacity in due course.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I've had abuse about that for 18 months now 😛

Rightly so - Tongue
scootie
Grafter

300-400Mbps

none of that increase is from me as my lines not capabole of HD  Cry
would it really effect gaming tho.
all tho last night actual gaming was fine and just the dashboard ect was up the spout. on my old netgear before it died i had lag in acutal games and the dashboard problem and why would a router reboot solve the problem esp as iam stuck to thn-ag2 due to the trial
scootie
Grafter

lag again to night.
really bad in game making it unplayable.
jameseh can you look in to if its possable to be moved back to the old adsl hardware and chuck max preminum back on plz
this looks like the BTw 21cn network is under capicity or somthing. to be honest i dont care what it thats the fault i just want to be able to play lag free again.
2 years of happy gaming with not one bit of lag. go on the trial and lag is there
i would love to help PN sort this but my love for lag free gaming right now is bigger Wink  and i feel it will be case of this trying to get to the bottom of the lag esp when BTw are involved
tonight the score is reboot router fine couple match's later and the lag kicks in. reboot router and again fine for couple of match's arrrrrrrrrrrrr
scootie
Grafter

o.k even a router reboot is not letting me get a couple of match's in.
below are the pings iam getting to the thn-ag2 box at 00.30. this is seriously winding me up now.
the quicker iam off this 21cn network the better
edit.  pings from belkin
scootie
Grafter

voyager 210 pings 5 mins after its sync'ed
plz dont say icmp pings are classed as gold and with increase in iplayer hd streaming thats going to be normal till a new segment is lit as gaming has high prioity than iplayer and at the same time as these icmp pings i cant even aim on cod waw due to the lag being that bad
another plea from a injured dog.
plz give him a gd home with adsl and max prem