Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ( use to ) want to quit trial

scootie
Grafter

Re: I ( use to ) want to quit trial

Quote from: dave
We've been doing some testing this afternoon and made some changes to see if we can improve things. The changes seemed to make an improvement when we simulated maxing out the network but it's hard to be sure when the network actually maxes. So will be interesting to see what happens tonight and whether there's any improvement. Please let us know what you see.

will do
James
Grafter

Asbo Dog,
THN-AG2 is the only available box for our ADSL2+ trialists, unless you fancy paying for us to get another MSIL Smiley
The only way of moving away from THN-AG2 is to move back to IPStream, which takes a week and is a touch problematic currently.
scootie
Grafter

thought that would be the case but thought you might have a bit of damp string lying about to port a couple of cutomers to another box .
any way lets see how the ship sails tonight after daves tweaks
chrisyoung
Grafter

when i was on adsl+ my ping was a stable 55ms anytime of the day or night. since the adsl2+ my ping has been 35ms so adsl2+ seems to be a great choice for gamers until 10.00pm when im getting spikes of over 300ms!!!
scootie
Grafter

when i moved across my pings where low and stable as adsl with max preminum 15-16ms with the most biggest spikes being low 20's and those spikes were 1 in 20 packets maxium.
but that all changed a couple of weekends ago.
to me it appered to break in the click of finger as i was on race pro on sat or sun in late afternoon. i was host the pratice session was fine with 10 players as soon as the main race started all cars were jumping that bad they were going of track then appering in front of me. i knew striaght away that it was my connection at fault and since then well all the ping results show since then
EDIT
just a crazy thought but how about passing some of the problem off to the p2p guys for few day's and keep it limited till 2am so we can get some gaming done Grin Grin Grin
no need to answer that one PN Smiley as we all know p2p'ers like there adsl2+ connections
scootie
Grafter

just run another ping and i can hear that my sister is using spotify and now my pings are having spike periods.
is this due to the most likely cause of the latency being the prioitys turned on there heads and spotifiy is getting more prioity over the icmp pings or is this just the 21cn network starting to play up at just gone 6pm?
and no i will not going to ask her to shut down spotify for 10 mins why see if it is.
yes scared i am. i dare you to ask her Grin
scootie
Grafter

took the ear bashing and got a capture when spotify's turned off
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Wer're fiddling with the config which will probably explain the last 20 minutes or so, should be better now...
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

certanly looks in better shape now but i wonder if this will hold when packet drops start as yestraday they started at 7pm were to day they havent started yet but that may be due to your tweaks Wink
gd luck with this guys and i appreciate the hard work your doing in solving it
i will keep adding ping results to this post over the night but they may be limited as iam making the most of the gd latency Smiley
EDIT
i will try and run some at the times of rate changes 10,11pm and midnight
edit 2
added 23.00 pings. Ran few minutues before and after. Looking good. Big test next midnight
edit3
midnight pings so far are a big improvment on last night's train wreck
average 22ms over 5 mins from midnight.
well worth a pint for that effort guys. but if you want a curry with that then i want to see pings that you cant even tell its midnight  Smiley
edit 4
hope you network guys have stayed up and you are tweaking things or my lan has had breif blip because my connection seemed to drop but didnt resync
edit 5
last set of pings added
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Great stuff, looking a lot better! Cool
I imagine the situation will improve further when we up the bandwidth (hopefully tomorrow, but I'm sure Dave will be along at some point to confirm/deny whether or not that will be happening).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

started getting lag spikes every 30 seconds or so when playing cod waw. checked pings and are as below
been fine uptill 10pm
edit
dns pings look better but the spikes are defo there on XBL my lag meters been going down to 1 bar when i start getting the old stuttering of the screen on cod waw
its a case of  got 4bars or 1bar on lag meter there is no in between.
still its alot more playable than previous night's were it was just a no go
hope the extra bandwidth tomoro sorts the last of the latency that's left
scootie
Grafter

totaly unplayable now its passed midnight and even getting packet loss.
the reason i stick with plusnet is due to the traffic mangment which is suppose to never allow gaming to be effected when the network is under high damand.
so how come even with the qos being tweaked/ fixed is gaming still being effected on 21cn?
is this going to be a common theme from now on when extra bandwidth is waiting to go live?
edit
00.50 added
scootie
Grafter

just lost internet for 10-20mins http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76229.0.html and when she came back on pings are looking good
James
Grafter

Hmm strange.
Might suggest it was line related rather than at this end.  Keep an eye on it for me please Smiley
scootie
Grafter

nah its not a line problem jimbo as i never resynced. it was due to the core routers being replaced.
it knocked loads of peeps off the net in various forms of what they could access hence the better pings when things came alive