Did you mean: 

I think my exchange now has 21CN..

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: I think my exchange now has 21CN..

That should be fine Derek Wink
BTW there's an order already in place to complete on the 8th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daskinner
Grafter

ha ha ha  Grin
Sorry and thanks again Adam.. I seen the ticket you raised has been closed with the date showing the 8th..
Is it worth or possible to uncap the upload as I only ever get around 336 my son play alot of online games via pc and ps3 and also watches / uploads to youtube..
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI daskinner,
If it's not been requested to uncap on the order we can do it within 24 hours once it's complete.
Jojo Smiley
daskinner
Grafter

Thanks JoJo..
I’m starting to panic that my Netgear DG834GT with the latest firmware v 1.03.23 isn’t going to work on ADSL2+
The box says ADSL2+ modem however I can’t find anything on the Netgear support site to back this up nor can I see any settings which show this option within the router configuration page..
Do you know anyone who has this router on ADSL2+ and if so do I need to change any settings or will it automatically know the change has taken place?
I do still have the TG585v8 router however I’m currently using this as an access point as the DG834GT seems to give better sync speed and wireless signal in my house but if it comes down to it I guess I’ll have to swap them round..
Is it worth staring a new thread?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The DG834v1 was launched long before the DG834GT and the DG834v1 supports ADSL2+ so you have no reason to worry about the GT. I'd suggest that would be the better router to use than the TG585v8 which for some users gives rubbish wireless upload speeds.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
daskinner
Grafter

thanks Jelv.. I've waited ages for ADSL2+ I just dont wnat to mess up my line by having the wrong router plugged in..
niko
Grafter

hi mate on the 834gt look under Advanced ADSL settings
its there ,
if its on default it will connect fine
daskinner
Grafter

Niko, where is this page.. I can only see ADSL settings no advanced settings
Could it be Multiplexing Method I have 2 options VL or LLC
niko
Grafter

i am on differant firmware to you ,it could be someware else on yours
look around in there for Modulation mode
but if you have updated the firmware and not changed it it should be set to default anyway (so will work fine)
daskinner
Grafter

Hi, are you able to check and confirm the swtch to ADSL2+ is still on for the 8th? my ticket ref was #52752794  order ref 1-52BZ3MN
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, still showing as the 8th Smiley
daskinner
Grafter

Great.. will the switch take place in the morning?
I've been reading the line setup guide and it says during the 10 days it will help if you reboot the router a few times in the morning so I was thinking leave it until the 10th and do a reboot around 11 am and them again on the 12th 15th and 17th does that sound about right?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In my opinion that's too many restarts. The 21CN DLM is far more active and aggressive with line management than the 20CN one and seems happier when left to its own devices. Trying to help can be counter productive.
Unless you have reason to believe noise margin is higher than it needs to be I suggest doing one restart after 4 or 5 days (so the DLM will have seen a stable connection) and leave it at that. You might find the DLM tries different target noise margins and interleaving settings itself.
David