cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suddenly can't connect to file sharing websites.

esseff
Grafter

I suddenly can't connect to file sharing websites.

Can you throw any light on this for me? There are 2 sites I use regularly for files - RapidShare.com and MediaFire.com. However, while yesterday was fine, today I cannot connect to either. I know they're both working as others are able to do so at this moment. It makes no sense. Can anyone help?
In addition: After a little testing, I can connect to other file sharing sites without a problem, as I'd expect to. It just appears to be these two. They are definitely NOT down. Surely PN wouldn't block access?
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I suddenly can't connect to file sharing websites.

Hi there,
Sorry about the hassle, this is a problem that we're aware of and is currently with our networks team. They'll be rolling out a fix tomorrow for this, in the mean time apologies for the hassle.
Hope that helps,
esseff
Grafter

Thanks for getting back to me orbrey. Just wondering what kind of problem can affect access to just a few websites out of the billions that are on line?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not sure unfortunately, there's no specific notes on the problem as yet. It does seem that it's gateway related though, check which one you're on (http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway) and then reboot the connection until you get a different one and that should help. There's some notes on this issue on this thread too.
Hope that helps,
chillypenguin
Grafter

mod:note
To keep discussion in one please can I ask we use the thread highlighted by Matt in his post above.
I have not merged the two threads, as the resulting thread can look messy.
Jonathan
aka Chilly