Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Help with Wifi

zedingrove
Grafter

I need Help with Wifi

Yep it is true I really am stuck!!!
OK I have an Epson WiFi enabled printer, now though I understand the principle of WiFi the mechanics am far behind.
So much so that when I got the printer I thought I could connect directly with my laptop, did not realise needed a router. (yes it can be accomplished without a router, but you need to establish a Adhoc connection, which suffice to say even the Epson Tech guy could not do.
So now I have a router, read the very short and simple instructions which came with the printer... Start Epson Network Setup. Could not find it, looked at help, and that goes  down the track... Make sure that your device has no radio signal interference and that your device has line of sight with your printer. I thought what the hell sat the router on  top of printer.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help... Cry
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: I need Help with Wifi

Hi zedingrove,
What type of Wireless Router have you got?
zedingrove
Grafter

The standard one from plusnet Technicolor
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This might be a long shot but when you are searching for the Wireless Router, press the WPS button and see if it can locate the Wireless Signal.
Do you have any neighbours around you with Wireless Connections that you can normally see? If so, does your printer pick those up?
zedingrove
Grafter

Did not bother trying that, but you did help! As in your sentence does your printer pick
So now have added Wireless printer, yipee all that now stands in my way is when when I did the setup at the end it states printer driver is installed but can not print or scan.
Whats the use in that? I will get this right if it kills me............... Crazy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent, I'm glad you have managed to make some progress!
Sometimes Windows can automatically pick up the correct drivers for your printer. However, you might be as well taking a look on the Epson website for the latest drivers and software Smiley