cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a boo boo :(

BEERMAN684
Dabbler

I made a boo boo :(

My pc and Ps3 cant connect to my router/ internet. It cant obtain obtain the routes ip.
First of all, my ps3 is stuck on nat type 3 so i played around with a few settings and it worked Smiley for a while . I then  decided to reset the router and since then nowt will connect not even my phone. I even tried a friends laptop that has never been on the network before to no avail. All the devices can see the network  but thats about it. I have checked all of my cabling, reset the router, reboot the pc and ps3 all to no avail. I cant even connect to the thompson gate way. I dont get the option to put in the admin and password details etc. Only thing i can think of is the reset my line as maybe i have blocked the acces Sad can somebody please try that pppwweeaassee.
I appologise for the spelling and grammar but typing this on a little phone screen is like splitting atoms.
Thanking you in advance.
beerman684
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: I made a boo boo :(

you have probably changed something on the WiFi,  connect the PC to the router by Ethernet cable and try that, you should be able to reach the router control panel
Hope that will help
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Cry thank you for the reply, i tried connecting my laptop via the ethernet cable and its a no go. I also tried connecting my ps3 via ethernet and also a no go. Something i  also dont understand is that my laptop wireless pics up my thompson 585v8  as radio type 802.11n
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

When you connected your laptop to the router with an ethernet cable did the 'ethernet' led light up on the router?
Is your laptop configured to obtain it's IP automatically?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Yes the ethernet light did go on when i plugged it in. How can i find out if it is configuered to obtain the ip automaticaly ? Thank you for your help
Strat
Community Veteran

With due respect I would guess that if you don't know how to check then it's probably at it's default which is 'Obtain IP Automatically'
However in Windows 7 if you click the Start button and type network connections into the search box.
Click on 'View Network Connections.
Right Click the network connection and select Properties.
Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 and you should see the set-up screen with a dot in the radio button alongside 'Obtain an IP address automatically.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Thank you for your help Strat, I did take a look and it is setup up to find the IP automaticaly. I cant understand how 4 different devices cant connect to the router thou.
Strat
Community Veteran

Sorry I can't be more help as I don't use a 585 router Sad
Trevor
Grafter

What response do you get when you type http://192.168.1.254/ ; into your browser?
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

@ Trevor. All i get is unable to connect and that gows for firefo,google chrome and internet explorer. I have tried itt with the ethernet cable connected and wireless.
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

dont ask me how but it just started to work !!! out of the blue i tell thee. thank you all for your help.
regards beerman684