cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep being disconnected

CAF22

I keep being disconnected

I've been with plusnet for several years now and generally been happy with the service however lately my connection seems to be dropping very frequently. I'm currently trying to watch something on iPlayer and it is constantly pausing and telling me there's a problem with my connection. When I listen to the radio on my Alexa it often stops and starts many times. Sometimes turning my router off and on again seems to help. I have now moved my router down to near the main phone socket and I have also purchased a new cable to connect them. I've also changed the micro filter for a new one. Not sure what else I can do. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not. I wonder if a new router would help? 

12 REPLIES 12
Mardler
Rising Star

Re: I keep being disconnected

Similar here and clearly for others.

It has started very recently and is external to the property i.e. it's the exchange or PN.

Seafort
Grafter

Im having the exact same issues, ive been through every help guide and nothing. It used to be brilliant until monday.
CAF22

Is anyone from Plusnet On here able to test my line please?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@CAF22 - Can you PM your username please and we'll take a closer look.

@Mardler - Looks OK now. Please keep a close eye on it

@ Seafort - A couple of drops here and there, but nothing to worry about. Send us further details if the problems continue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
CAF22

@plusnettony Thanks for your PM. For the moment the issues seem to have stopped, though this has happened before only for them to return again within a short period of time. I am struggling to connect anything by ethernet to check the broadband as most of my devices are WiFi only - eg iphone, ipad, alexas etc. And the larger ones that aren't - the TV and my PC are too far away from the router for that to be practical. My router is pretty old as I have been with plusnet for some time, do you think a replacement might help? 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, no worries. I'd not worry about the router being a cause if it's working fine at the moment but if you did want to try eliminating that it might be worth speaking with our customer options team on 0800 432 0200 as it;s likely we can offer a newer router in return for re-contracting with us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Seafort
Grafter

Hi ive got my ps4 back its working fine but im still having issues with my broadband speed with the new router. Ive just checked it and for download its 11mbps and upload is even lower. Its happening all the time i am currently on the fiber extra, this is the 3rd week its been like this. Im not sure what to do.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Seafort and apologies for the delayed response

We've tested your line and we can't see any issues remotely.

Are you measuring the speeds on the PS4 through downloads or the speedtest in the settings as they can both show different figures?

I'd also recommend going through the steps shown here as from what we can see a lot of the devices you have connected have poor signal strength.

Let us know how you get on

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Seafort
Grafter

I measure the test on my phone and the ps4 to make sure its not one or the other specifically. At times its up 60mbps download speed then it'll drop to 11mbps, my phone and the ps4 were having issues all weekend, i refreshed the router yesterday, i briefly got connected, Ive reset the router today as that had worked in the past, right now its working fine. Fingers crossed its solved the issue. Thanks for getting back.
andrewdhampson
Hooked

I switched to Plusnet 1 month ago and since the switch i have the same problem. Openreach engineers have come out on 2 occasions and assured me that there is no fault between the socket and the exchange. Is this an issue with Plusnet?

Seafort
Grafter

Im not sure, mine seems to have settled down abit now fingers crossed its fixed. Also changed the dns on the ps4 back to normal which cleared the buffering issues.
Seafort
Grafter

My issues seem to be resolved now. I reset the router, rebuilt the data base on the ps4, reconnected it with automatic settings as i had changed the DNS on it and all the annoying buffering has stopped. The connection isnt great for the fibre extra but i think it could just be poor weather...ect. Thanks for the help.