Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an question about exchange category market

johng88
Dabbler

I got an question about exchange category market

Hello All.
I got an question about exchange category market. My BT exchange Shorne (NDSHO) is on Market 1 but the exchange has been upgrade from 20CN to 21CN and LLU operators would the market 1 stay the same ie:  BT Wholesale as the sole provider of broadband services or would it go to Market 2 ie: There's 2 or 3 different providers of broadband (including BT). Which be lovely as that would mean I would be in low cost area then I go from £17.99 down to £11.49 for my Plus Net Extra.
Thanks for an info on this.
John
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDSHO
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: I got an question about exchange category market

Hi there,
If there are 2 or 3 principal operators at the exchange then we would expect the market area to change. However do bear in mind that market area classifications are based on OFCOM reviewing them which tends to be done on an annual basis but not on a set date. However due to the length of time since the last review we're expecting a consultation period about this to begin any time soon.
Hope that helps.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johng88
Dabbler

Re: I got an question about exchange category market

Thank for the info Adam.
I hope OFCOM reviewing them soon be nice to see it go from to Market 1 to Market 2. If they see more the 2 or 3 principal operators.