cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I despair

Despair
Dabbler

Re: I despair

I've received a message, to an open question, stating I have to wait another 24-72 hours, for another engineer's report.
Please remove 'fixed' from this thread.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Fix removed @Despair.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Despair
Dabbler

How much longer must I endure this?
20 days of intermittant sevice, then 7 days of no service, so far.
Despair
Dabbler

The farce continues.
Just spent another 45mins on the phone to plusnet technical. They now believe there is a pstn fault - not a broadband fault.
'We cannot rectify the pstn fault as we have no record of your phone number - contact your provider'.
Weird as I'm paying for phone and broadband.
Will someone get a grip of this situation!!!
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thank you for getting back to us @Despair.

I'm sincerely sorry this issue is still occurring on your service & I apologise for the frustration caused to you. It is never our intention to waylay or further inconvenience our customers, I can certainly understand from your perspective how it seems so. I can see you have got in touch with our contact centre and they have updated your ongoing fault ticket here.

Give us a nudge once you have had that engineer appointment to let us know how it went and we can go from there.

Thanks.

Despair
Dabbler

I was told that the broadband engineer's call, booked by plusnet, for Monday pm, was being cancelled, by plusnet, as the engineer could not work on/was not responsible for the phone line.
Apparently, my phone line was never transferred from bt!
I was today, after 4 weeks, instructed by plusnet to get bt out to repair the fault on the line. As it would take a further 10 days for plusnet to transfer my number, then additional time to rectify the fault.
If bt find no fault then there is an £85 charge - bt coming Monday pm.
Could you provide me with a ticket number/infomation, for the open pstn fault, as bt are, so far, saying the auto line tests find no fault that would cause the broadband to fail.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Despair,

If the line is indeed held by BT any information such a ticket numbers would be of no use to them as they will use a completely different system to us. Please let us know how you get on with the engineer from BT, once the phone fault has been rectified we can start working to resolve the broadband issue if it still continues.

Thanks.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Mads 

Check post #19 which suggests the account is phone and broadband.  Is it worth validating this on the system?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @MauriceC

I suspect the confusion may stem from the way our supplier's systems work. If there is any Openreach work booked for the line in question this can sometimes be interpreted on our testing systems as there is an open phone fault when there isn't one. As per the post from @Despair above it appears that we haven't transferred the line back from BT yet.

@Despair

I've updated the open ticket on your account with more details. Can you respond when you're able to and post back here once you've done so?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Despair
Dabbler

I can't quite find the words, to express the levels of frustration and anger, I have experienced over the last month.

After the second engineer's 3 hour call out, what was the fault, rectified between yourselves and Open Reach?

Do not transfer my number from BT: as this would be your second attempt. I have no faith Plusnet could complete the task, without issue or catastrophic error.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Despair 

I've been reviewing this and I'm sorry to see what's happened.

I've added a reply to your support ticket you'll be able to view and respond to by going Here regarding this.

I can see @MatthewWheeler had escalated the ticket to his workflow to take on personally and I'll be happy to keep an eye on this too when he's not in the office.

Apologies again for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Despair
Dabbler

You've contacted me today to inform me that you have removed the monthly charge for the phone line - that never got transfered.
Internet now offline for 55mins. Uptime showing 55mins.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like the very brief drop you had was entirely unrelated to the work I carried out today. 

[edit]
For clarification on the delay we've never attempted to take over your phone line and I wanted to wait for confirmation via your account on whether you'd want us to transfer it or move you to a broadband only package. I made a decision to do the latter after no response. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and hopefully moving forward all will be good. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet