cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd appreciate your views on this

rjsetford

I'd appreciate your views on this

Hello,
First time poster here so please be gentle.
I'd really like some opinion on an issue I'm having with Plus Net. To save typing everything twice, if you have a spare moment would you be kind enough to take a look at this link http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/3900648-problems-since-23rd-augest-starting-to-get-peeved... to see the problem I'm having?
Many thanks,
Rich
9 REPLIES 9
pittdj
Grafter

Re: I'd appreciate your views on this

You are not the only one a bit peeved, I think.
ADSL2 has the potential to be a nightmare and if that is the way it goes it can be hard to resolve. Perhaps it is early days for this technology and when it does perform badly it is most aggravating.
From what I make of the history the link is ADSL2 and on a "banded profile" because of instability and other errors. Only when the line issues are resolved, and only if that is possible, will this come up to expectations. The line needs to be completely stable for some time, and so far I have not seen that quantified, before the banding gets removed and full speed ahead is achieved. On the 16th Ben Trimble applied banding and interleaving, both measures to improve stability, there is nothing for it but to wait and see, it can take BT some time to respond, they apparently have a backlog of problems which perhaps tells us what we need to know, that is that this technology can be problematic.
The only real escape is to go to an LLU provider that evades BT's duff stuff all together.
I am a bit peeved too, thought the real problem is BTw, sadly I have my doubts about PlusNet too. I too am in a waiting state.
rjsetford

I feel your pain, brother.
Sky is looking very tempting. As Plus Net have been unable to provide me with a stabel service since I joined them I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to claim back all the monies paid to them plus a bit more for time etc.
We'll see what happens tomorrow then take it from there. They have the capability to get things sorted when they want to, I know that for a fact. They just choose as and when to pull their finger out.
Plus Net, it's over to you.
Fletch
Grafter

Both; 
We are currently running a trial to disable DLM with BTW which sounds like the right thing to do.  If you PM one of the team tomorrow (Bob, Jo, or Adam) they should be able review and send over to the faults team to see if this is the best way to go.
Thanks
F
grahamt
Rising Star

pittdj is right - it sounds like your main problem is with your line. It may be that you could do better with an LLU connection (which Sky may or may not provide, depending on which exchange you're connected to) but you'd probably still be speed-limited if you're line's not right.
Were you told which band you've been put in? I used to be in one where the max. sync speed I could get was 3069 (and that was despite a lower attenuation figure than you have - 39 as opposed to your 47.5). In my case my speed improved once I sorted out some internal wiring issues, but I still have the problem that my noise margin drops at night, which means I can't get the theoretical maximum for my attenuation level. I suspect street lighting's the problem, and there's not a lot Plusnet can do about that. Your case may, of course, be different.
Graham
pittdj
Grafter

grahamt, I have noticed the noise margin falling at night by some 2dB, similarly then my speed in reality may not have much room for improvement. What is so unacceptable about this was that I had a perfectly satisfactory ADSL link at synced at 7616kb/s on 20CN, the 13Mb/s touted by PN just disappeared in a puff of fantasy.
rjsetford

@Fletch
Can you please explain to me why this is taking so long to resolve? The fault is now a month old (and that doesn't include the issues that I had from the moment I joined Plus Net)
Instead of me having to do all the chasing, why doesn't someone from Plus Net PM ME to let ME know what's going on with my fault.
If I do not have a satisfactory resolution to this fault by 4pm today I will be contacting OFCOM.
Regards,
Richard
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rjsetford,
I notice one of our faults agents have taken ownership of your fault. This will make sure your fault is monitored until a solution is found.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI pittdj,
I will see if I can get things moved along for you now.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pittdj,
I have requested some work on your account and have updated your ticket with regard to this.
Jojo Smiley