cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could be stuck on permanent slow speeds. Advice appreciated.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: I could be stuck on permanent slow speeds. Advice appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm unable to review the notes right now but I've had a brief look and I'm happy the right things have been requested so I hope that the profile is uncapped sooner rather than later for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hypnoboy
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
Me too, I am currently still waiting for it to be picked up by hle and it to be uncapped and reset.
Regards
Craig
hypnoboy
Grafter

Still capped!!
BT engineer told me up to half an hour and that was Almost 24 hours ago, And the Hle yesterday at 4.30 had not even looked at it.
This is simply ridiculous. I am going to follow this up with the complaints dept and continue to escalate.
I want this sorted out today so that I can monitor if the problem has been resolved, but right now it is the same due to the caps on the connection

If nothing is done by this afternoon I shall be following up the complaint and reporting back to the people mentioned on my notes.
Losing patience now
Craig
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just had a word with the agent looking after your fault, he'll be updating you later in full but as far as I understand things the HLE team have got back in touch and advised they'll be sending an engineer tomorrow to do the uncapping. He's waiting for the HLE team to confirm that, as soon as they do he'll be in touch.
hypnoboy
Grafter

Well,
That was an interesting morning,
My latest engineer detected that there were indeed faults still on the line and proceeded to swap pairs at the exchange and on the cabinet and done an E-line swap. Cleared a break in the cable he found and now his testing equipment shows no errors ( I saw this before with other engineers ). He reset my Line and removed the cap completely at the cabinet,
His test on the modem now shows me at just under 40 meg. Speedtest is showing between 34 and 37 so far.
It looks like my line was capable of that speed and should have been picked up by the other 4 engineers I have had so far.
I am going to monitor it and Luke in faults will be monitoring also to see how stable it remains.
Crc errors are at 0 as are the fec errors ? So, although I am not holding my breath, so far so good.
Thanks for all the help this far.
Regards
Craig