Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't check my profile, so would like to know if my stats are ok

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: I can't check my profile, so would like to know if my stats are ok

That's a real shame. It does show it's not doing so well or gone faulty. Another poster on a very similar long line has just bought a 7800N and that has bumped his speed up to similar to yours with the D-Link. He was using a 2-wire before and they are supposed to be good on long lines.
The Plusnet Current Line speed lags. It relies on an updated Delta Report from BT, and because you had trouble with the BT Speedtester you can't tell if your BT Profile has gone up to the right value.
Try the BTw Performance test again. (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
mungodaisy
Grafter

Couldn't get the profile from the BTW again, but here is the result for the speed:   

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 1.61 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
The PlusNet  current line speed is now 1.5 Mb.
I have also attached the current stats from the modem.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you can maintain that sync speed,the profile should rise to 1.75M in due course. It really is annoying these morning drops. Is there anything you can think of that may switch on or off nearby you at such times? Any small workshops, factories, milking parlour for example? It's the on the hour or half hour that's intriguing me at the moment.
And you have no trouble with incoming phone calls causing the sync to drop which suggests some other sort of interference probably on the mains.