cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can stream TV without problems but can barely load a webpage

MissyC

I can stream TV without problems but can barely load a webpage

According to speed tests I consistently get download speeds of at least 14mbps.  I can stream programmes on my TV without any problems but most of the time, it takes 30 seconds or more and often at least 2 attempts to be able to load a webpage.  I do a lot of work from home and accessing my documents in the cloud is becoming almost impossible.  Please help as I'm pulling my hair out!   

3 REPLIES 3
theycallmethor9

Re: I can stream TV without problems but can barely load a webpage

There may be some unknown programs running in the background of your device that drains your connection etc... ipads are the worst if you don't close the tabs you previously opened.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Are you using Ethernet cable or wireless for your devices. Which router do you have? The Plusnet Hub Zero (Sagecom 2704) wireless performance is dire.

If you're using wireless it might be worth trying a different channel. Use a free wifi sniffer app (I use Wifi Analyser on an Android phone) to see what other transmissions there are from your neighbours. If there is a strong signal from a neighbour then you can go into your router's advanced settings and manually select the quietest channel. Look at all locations where you use your devices. I get a different set of results depending on whether I look at the from or rear of the house.

If it does come down to weak wireless signals then it might be worth swapping your router. About £30 will buy you a new BT Smart Hub 6 off Ebay. This has excellent wireless capability and is easy to set up on your Plusnet account. Full details can be found on the Router board in this forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and your line and all looks OK to us so it may be a WiFi problem. 

I'd try running through the checks here: https://goo.gl/Bw9Upq

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team