cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-Plate?

youngpete
Dabbler

I-Plate?

Has PlusNet had a chance to decide what to do about the I-Plate, announced yesterday by BT?
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: I-Plate?

I know the server is slow today, but did you mean this one from last March? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,62179.0.html
MaddymadMalc

I think our friend did indeed see the news article only yesterday - try this link from PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/227712/isps-to-give-away-broadbandboosting-iplates.html ; it says in the article that ISPs may even give the iPlates away for free - is that the intention of PlusNet?
I don't wanna go buy one if you are going to be distributing them amongst the needy, as it were. Wink
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
AIUI the retail price of an i-Plate will be around £10. You can buy them online for just over this price currently.
We've completed a very small trial already, and will be conducting a more controlled trial shortly, to get an accurate reflection of which customers will benefit from an i-Plate and by how much.
Once this is complete we'll be announcing our long term plans regarding the i-Plate.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Mand
..... and will be conducting a more controlled trial shortly, to get an accurate reflection of which customers will benefit from an i-Plate and by how much.

How can you do that? Have you oodles of info obtainable for everyone's connection?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: lucerne
How can you do that? Have you oodles of info obtainable for everyone's connection?

Yes - BT will be providing us with data for our customers that we can use to manage this. As such, we will be offering some customers an Iplate as part of the trial of the service.
I can't see us ever being in a position to provide this for free to everyone, but we certainly do plan to offer them, if they prove to be useful enough, at a price reflective of the costs to us in supplying them.
Regards,
Ian